Windows XP Search Function not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I use Windows XP search to search within files for certain text it is
not working. I know what I am searching for is there, but it cannot find it.

I found an article from MS which advised me to turn indexing off, which I
did and it does still not work.

ANy ideas

The short answer is to use a search engine like "Agent Ransack"(free
download on internet) that doesn't care about file types like XP requires.

Red Deer Techy wrote:

> When I use Windows XP search to search within files for certain text it is
> not working. I know what I am searching for is there, but it cannot find it.
>
> I found an article from MS which advised me to turn indexing off, which I
> did and it does still not work.
>
> ANy ideas

TerrificInTahoma

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Red Deer Techy wrote:

> When I use Windows XP search to search within files for certain text it is
> not working. I know what I am searching for is there, but it cannot find it.
>
> I found an article from MS which advised me to turn indexing off, which I
> did and it does still not work.
>
> ANy ideas

Whoa there. Agent Ransack includes malware :pt1cable: from Yontoo.com and hijacks your FF AND IE Browser Sessions. Beware and be warned. Ijustspent 4days trying toget rid of this ratware.!