Possible Gpu Problem HELP!!!

i have an Ati Radeon HD 6570 2gb gddr3 and i was overclocking and i secoverd while playing gta iv that a 400mhz underclock gets 10 more frames than a 750mhz???? is there somthing Rong there??? Cpould it be a cpu bottleneck?? i dont understand this
28 answers Last reply
More about gpu problem
  1. More likely, with the OC in place, the GPU is throttling back due to heat (it wouldn't do that underclocked). How does it perform when at stock speeds?
  2. COLGeek said:
    More likely, with the OC in place, the GPU is throttling back due to heat (it wouldn't do that underclocked). How does it perform when at stock speeds?


    Its not heat the gou max temp is 103c it only reaches 47c 400mhz-underclocked--28-35fps 650mhz--stock--15-24fps 750--Max Overclock--- 20-25fps.... I dont get it?!?!?! Its annoying Im worried because it could be failing? BUT it only 2 months old
  3. 103C is well beyond a safe max. Not sure where you got that info.

    What are the specs for the rest of your system?
  4. COLGeek said:
    103C is well beyond a safe max. Not sure where you got that info.

    What are the specs for the rest of your system?


    I have 2gb ddr2 800 ram Amd Athlon 64 x2 4200+ OC 3.4ghz Radeon HD 6570 Windows 7 biostar N61PB-M2S
  5. What make/model of power supply?
  6. COLGeek said:
    What make/model of power supply?


    I have an Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 Power supply - 650 Watt
  7. Your PSU should be fine. With 2GB of memory, I assume you are using a 32-bit OS. Is that correct?
  8. COLGeek said:
    Your PSU should be fine. With 2GB of memory, I assume you are using a 32-bit OS. Is that correct?

    Of corse i do. i will have 4gb soon and 64bit
  9. OK, understood. It will be interesting to see how your system performs with more memory and a 64-bit OS. I admit, you have an odd issue here. You have no apparent bottleneck issue. While the HD6570 is certainly not a "gaming GPU" it can hold its own fairly well on medium settings, especially at lower resolutions.

    Do you have the DDR3 or DDR5 version of the HD6570? Also, what resolution and visual settings levels are you typically using?
  10. COLGeek said:
    OK, understood. It will be interesting to see how your system performs with more memory and a 64-bit OS. I admit, you have an odd issue here. You have no apparent bottleneck issue. While the HD6570 is certainly not a "gaming GPU" it can hold its own fairly well on medium settings, especially at lower resolutions.

    Do you have the DDR3 or DDR5 version of the HD6570? Also, what resolution and visual settings levels are you typically using?

    Lol thats just it i think i got luckey with this card BF3 ultra at 1440 x 900 its not a bad card its 2gb GDDR3
  11. Ultra is a bit much for the HD6570. Try lowering your settings a bit and see how she performs.
  12. COLGeek said:
    Ultra is a bit much for the HD6570. Try lowering your settings a bit and see how she performs.


    The Min fps i get on ultra is 27 but When i Turn OFF AA i get min of 33 avg of 37
  13. AA puts a heavy load on a GPU so it makes sense to see overall performance increase. I am coming up blank on the underclock/stock/overclock disparity in performance. Still feels like a power/heat issue, but your temps seem okay.

    Please follow-up once you transition to 4GB with 64-bit Windows.
  14. COLGeek said:
    AA puts a heavy load on a GPU so it makes sense to see overall performance increase. I am coming up blank on the underclock/stock/overclock disparity in performance. Still feels like a power/heat issue, but your temps seem okay.

    Please follow-up once you transition to 4GB with 64-bit Windows.

    Alright sounds good but what if i dont know if it is but what if its the gpu failing underload at slow speed its not realy working hard but oc it is do you think this is possible should i check on it in a diffrent pc i have?
  15. I don't see the issue as a GPU failure (on one pending). Swapping ans checking on another PC would certainly help isolate the issue. You could try using a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley to benchmark your GPU at the different levels to give you better data for comparison. Get it (free) at:

    http://unigine.com/products/valley/download/
  16. COLGeek said:
    I don't see the issue as a GPU failure (on one pending). Swapping ans checking on another PC would certainly help isolate the issue. You could try using a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley to benchmark your GPU at the different levels to give you better data for comparison. Get it (free) at:

    http://unigine.com/products/valley/download/


    ok thanks ill try that now and tell you how it goes
  17. COLGeek said:
    I don't see the issue as a GPU failure (on one pending). Swapping ans checking on another PC would certainly help isolate the issue. You could try using a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley to benchmark your GPU at the different levels to give you better data for comparison. Get it (free) at:

    http://unigine.com/products/valley/download/

    Hey i Ran the test and at 1440 x 900 AA x4 and the quality at ultra Overclocked got an fps of 32fps
    Underclocked... ok i just dont get it 1440 x 900 AA x4 and on ultra fps was 50?!?!?!?!?!
    stock fps was 22fps i just dont get it?!?!?!
  18. COLGeek said:
    I don't see the issue as a GPU failure (on one pending). Swapping ans checking on another PC would certainly help isolate the issue. You could try using a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley to benchmark your GPU at the different levels to give you better data for comparison. Get it (free) at:

    http://unigine.com/products/valley/download/

    Ok so i just Ran a copple more tests and i found out that ny card runs HOTTER!!!underclocked than overclocked?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!
  19. You must have a mutant GPU! What app are you using to OC your HD6570?
  20. COLGeek said:
    I don't see the issue as a GPU failure (on one pending). Swapping ans checking on another PC would certainly help isolate the issue. You could try using a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley to benchmark your GPU at the different levels to give you better data for comparison. Get it (free) at:

    http://unigine.com/products/valley/download/


    COLGeek said:
    You must have a mutant GPU! What app are you using to OC your HD6570?


    im using ati overdrive , evga, gpu tweek
  21. Honestly, you should use only one tool. Using multiples can conflict with one another. I would recommend sticking with either Catalyst/Overdrive or MSI Afterburner.
  22. COLGeek said:
    Honestly, you should use only one tool. Using multiples can conflict with one another. I would recommend sticking with either Catalyst/Overdrive or MSI Afterburner.


    Yes i under stand that what im saying is that they are all the ones i tried And with each one i get that underclocked is better than overclocked
  23. Okay, thanks for the clarification.
  24. COLGeek said:
    Okay, thanks for the clarification.


    ok im going to reserch this card more and try to figure this out
  25. I have a HD6570 in my wife's PC and playing with it, it does not act like yours. I am simply perplexed by your situation. What are your max temps when underclocked, stock, and overclocked? Also, is your fan set to auto or manual? If manual, what speed percentage is it set to?
  26. COLGeek said:
    I have a HD6570 in my wife's PC and playing with it, it does not act like yours. I am simply perplexed by your situation. What are your max temps when underclocked, stock, and overclocked? Also, is your fan set to auto or manual? If manual, what speed percentage is it set to?


    at underclocked i get 52c max stock i get 45c max overclocked i get 49c max fan is always on 70% its an 92mm fan so 1400 rpm 47cmf
  27. Underclocking and getting greater performance and more heat makes no sense at all. If your were OCing it would.

    Are you only adjusting the GPU clock speed?
  28. COLGeek said:
    Underclocking and getting greater performance and more heat makes no sense at all. If your were OCing it would.

    Are you only adjusting the GPU clock speed?


    yes the core is 400mhz stock 650 the memery is 667mhz stock 667
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics