Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can I flash my motherboard's bios with a rom file of my friend's motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 12, 2013 12:41:31 AM

Hello,
I have a zebronics zx-945-15 motherboard with American Megatrends bios in it.

The manufacturing guys have locked overclocking options like FSB speed and all.
So, I want to replace this bios with a friend's motherboard's bios which has AMI Bios Simple Setup Utility which has unlocked options options for overclocking.

Will flashing it using AFUWIN v.4.48 do the trick?

Any other options from you are welcome(other than buying a new mobo cuz i don't have permission from parents now) to help me overclock my 3 year old Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz to at least 2.8Ghz with a Master Cooler Heat Sink.

Your help is very much appreciated.
Thank You...
March 12, 2013 12:45:03 AM

No that won't work. You will kill your mobo if you do that
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 12:46:47 AM

Flashing a BIOS with an incorrect ROM is VERY risky with a fair chance of bricking the board.
I personally wouldn't recommend it but it is yours to try.

Just make sure you get a trusted brand of board next time Zebronics is completely unheard of in USA.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 12:54:54 AM

updating bios is very risk because manufacturer void waranty so do that at u r own risk. download bios from manufacturer website then update. copy bios from one mobo to other is not possible...
March 12, 2013 12:55:35 AM

smeezekitty said:
Flashing a BIOS with an incorrect ROM is VERY risky with a fair chance of bricking the board.
I personally wouldn't recommend it but it is yours to try.

Just make sure you get a trusted brand of board next time Zebronics is completely unheard of in USA.


Its an Indian Company(local) Cuz at that time, I was a noobie and had my combo assembled by some guy next door...

Is there any other way i could oc my p4?
March 12, 2013 12:58:57 AM

Can i oc my p4 from within win7? Maybe by editing MSR using Crystal CPUID, but I don't know how...
If anyone has a clue...
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 1:00:52 AM

smeezekitty said:
Flashing a BIOS with an incorrect ROM is VERY risky with a fair chance of bricking the board.
I personally wouldn't recommend it but it is yours to try.

Just make sure you get a trusted brand of board next time Zebronics is completely unheard of in USA.


zebronics sell cabinet,psu,mobo,pci cards(ethernet,tv tuner ,etc...),keyboard,mouse,speakers etc,,, at low cost in india . its a good company.
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 1:09:41 AM

no way in hardware side, but u can boost u r system via softwares, update os, install latest drivers ( or try slimdrivers(freeware)), game booster(freeware),cccleaner,defragler,try avg antivirus(freeware) other antivirus softwares slow down pc highly, dont create more than 2 partitions,etc,,,
March 12, 2013 1:14:33 AM

hytecgowthaman said:
no way in hardware side, but u can boost u r system via softwares, update os, install latest drivers ( or try slimdrivers(freeware)), game booster(freeware),cccleaner,defragler,try avg antivirus(freeware) other antivirus softwares slow down pc highly, dont create more than 2 partitions,etc,,,


Tried everything, but no avail in boosting fps in NFS Carbon...

If there is any jumper configuration for increasing speed to increase speed, I would definitely try it.
And thanx for your quick responses!
March 12, 2013 2:09:53 AM

Please someone help!!
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 6:29:59 AM

What are you having trouble with speed in? Web browsing? Gaming?
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 6:38:38 AM

Layman806 said:
Please someone help!!


get a better computer.
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 6:52:40 AM

If you are having a problem with games, for one make sure you do not run anything in the background including things like web browsers.

I just checked and your CPU only scores 290 on the passmark chart. OUCH!
What kind of GPU if any?
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 7:54:52 AM

Layman806 said:
hytecgowthaman said:
no way in hardware side, but u can boost u r system via softwares, update os, install latest drivers ( or try slimdrivers(freeware)), game booster(freeware),cccleaner,defragler,try avg antivirus(freeware) other antivirus softwares slow down pc highly, dont create more than 2 partitions,etc,,,


Tried everything, but no avail in boosting fps in NFS Carbon...

If there is any jumper configuration for increasing speed to increase speed, I would definitely try it.
And thanx for your quick responses!


sorry u r system is slow and not support oc so its waste of time for boost . so sell that and custum build solve the problem.
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2013 7:55:11 AM

Layman806 said:
hytecgowthaman said:
no way in hardware side, but u can boost u r system via softwares, update os, install latest drivers ( or try slimdrivers(freeware)), game booster(freeware),cccleaner,defragler,try avg antivirus(freeware) other antivirus softwares slow down pc highly, dont create more than 2 partitions,etc,,,


Tried everything, but no avail in boosting fps in NFS Carbon...

If there is any jumper configuration for increasing speed to increase speed, I would definitely try it.
And thanx for your quick responses!


sorry u r system is slow and not support oc so its waste of time for boost . so sell that and custum build solve the problem.
March 18, 2013 1:42:29 AM

smeezekitty said:
If you are having a problem with games, for one make sure you do not run anything in the background including things like web browsers.

I just checked and your CPU only scores 290 on the passmark chart. OUCH!
What kind of GPU if any?

I presently have an Asus Geforce 210 1 GB DDR3
And, ouch, I can't get a new computer because of lack of pocket money right now!

Best solution

a c 84 K Overclocking
a c 146 V Motherboard
March 18, 2013 2:16:26 AM
Share

There is a program which you may find useful called Game Booster available here http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html which you can use to stop any unnecessary programs from running in the background while you're gaming. You might try that (or something similar)
!