All my wireless devices on my new build keep cutting out

Running windows 7, straight from start up all my wireless devices would cut out, keyboard, mice. I updated windows, all my drivers, and nothing. Everything works fine on other computers and wired mice run great. What's wrong!? Oh it's an Asrock z77 extreme 4.
9 answers Last reply
More about wireless devices build cutting
  1. Could be interference, batteries or drivers - is this a new build?
  2. dingo07 said:
    Could be interference, batteries or drivers - is this a new build?


    Yeah new as of like Sunday, and I don't see how there's interference they work fine on my laptop in the same room. And I really don't know about the drivers, I dowloaded the ones off logitech, used the 3.0 drivers on the asrock cd, tried downloading the windows usb drivers and they can't download onto my system because of some error. The devices, mostly the mice, seem to cut out more when I move them slowly, and when I flick it side to side real fast like haha it takes about three seconds, then pauses, and starts again. Oh and fresh batteries


    Update, just got my x4 and I've notice it flickers on and off, like it turning on and off every few seconds. When it does this is when my mouse is unusable. So is it the usb ports, or mobo or something else?
  3. Where is the receiver located? When I bought my current Logitech mouse, it did not work well with the receiver in the rear of the computer. It seems that some Logitech mice have a very short range. One of my devices came with a receiver extender cable so I could place the receiver beside the tower in line-of-sight about a foot from the mouse and it works great.
  4. Wait haha one more update, the bottom two usb 3.0 ports work perfect with the keyboard and mouse, no power fluctuations, as well as the top 3.0s, the case 3.0s work, ahhh yeahh. But none of my 2.0s work, except for flash drives and stuff, am i missing my 2.0 drivers?
  5. You have installed your mother board chipset drivers right?
  6. genz said:
    You have installed your mother board chipset drivers right?


    Son of a bitch.... I knew I forgot something. Where would I find these?
  7. Newbiepcgamer said:
    genz said:
    You have installed your mother board chipset drivers right?


    Son of a bitch.... I knew I forgot something. Where would I find these?


    Haha don't worry, it happens to all of us.

    Go here, select your OS then install the INF driver:

    http://www.asrock.cn/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&Model=Z77%20Extreme4

    Then Install the Intel management engine afterward. THis is a bunch of really low level things that help your PC run. Used to be stuff like HyperTransport, now I'm not sure, but it's important to the reliability and power management of other parts of your PC AFAIK.
  8. genz said:
    Newbiepcgamer said:
    genz said:
    You have installed your mother board chipset drivers right?


    Son of a bitch.... I knew I forgot something. Where would I find these?


    Haha don't worry, it happens to all of us.

    Go here, select your OS then install the INF driver:

    http://www.asrock.cn/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&Model=Z77%20Extreme4
    Then Install the Intel management engine afterward. THis is a bunch of really low level things that help your PC run. Used to be stuff like HyperTransport, now I'm not sure, but it's important to the reliability and power management of other parts of your PC AFAIK.


    Sick, thanks man! Now I can get back to Dcs a10
  9. ...glad I could help ;P

    And glad u got it sorted
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Mice ASrock Devices Build Motherboards