Low FPS on Minecraft with GTX 660 Ti?

So I got the GeForce GTX 660 Ti and was super excited that I would be getting good and fast graphics. But when I started Minecraft with Optifine I only get 35-50 FPS.

Specs:

AMD Phenom ll x6

8gb DDR3 Ram

GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3gb Superclocked

Thanks

P.S. I have already tried the usual, update Java, Drivers, etc.
19 answers Last reply
More about low fps minecraft gtx 660
  1. Have you tried optifine? It adds multi-core support. I have also heard of making your video card see minecraft as a 3D game being helpful. Other than that I think you should be getting more Fps.

    P.S make sure you have the right video settings.
  2. As far as i know, Minecraft is OpenGl based and the kepler based nvidia cards are not good at Open Gl. If you want OpenGl performance you have to have a AMD GPU or if you want a nvidia, then the only Kepler card good at opencl, is the gtx titan which retails for over a grand.
    If your render distance is set past far in optifine
    your performance WILL suffer, optifine isn't
    optimized/doesn't work for above far. Also what settings are using?
  3. And yea what gamerzr said could also be helpful.
  4. SuperGamerBoy said:
    As far as i know, Minecraft is OpenCl based and the kepler based nvidia cards are not good at Open Cl. If you want OpenCl performance you have to have a AMD GPU or if you want a nvidia, then the only Kepler card good at opencl, is the gtx titan which retails for over a grand.


    You mean OpenGL..... Not OpenCL big difference.

    If your render distance is set past far in optifine your performance WILL suffer, optifine isn't optimized/doesn't work for above far.

    Also what settings are using?
  5. Also minecraft is a more cpu intensive game but your computer should be fine.
  6. Yea, hes using a Phenom II x6 so he should be fine.
  7. I would just make sure you don't have very many cpu intensive tasks on in the background.
  8. And, when exactly do you get these slowdowns.If your render distance is set past far in optifine
    your performance WILL suffer, optifine isn't
    optimized/doesn't work for above far. Also what settings are using?
  9. SuperGamerBoy said:
    As far as i know, Minecraft is OpenGl based and the kepler based nvidia cards are not good at Open Gl. If you want OpenGl performance you have to have a AMD GPU or if you want a nvidia, then the only Kepler card good at opencl, is the gtx titan which retails for over a grand.
    If your render distance is set past far in optifine
    your performance WILL suffer, optifine isn't
    optimized/doesn't work for above far. Also what settings are using?


    Don't just copy what I said.... nVIDIA cards are very good at OpenGL always have been. Better then Radeon cards at OpenGL as well.
  10. Sorry about that but at first i was talking about opencl and i was sleeply. Looks like its time to go to bed. Curretly 1:30 am where i live. Sorry again!
  11. SuperGamerBoy said:
    Sorry about that but at first i was talking about opencl and i was sleeply. Looks like its time to go to bed. Curretly 1:30 am where i live. Sorry again!


    Nighty night SuperGamerBoy!!!!!!!! lol.....
  12. Have you try using Nvidia Inspector? It works well and is (Freeware).
  13. gamerzr said:
    Have you tried optifine? It adds multi-core support. I have also heard of making your video card see minecraft as a 3D game being helpful. Other than that I think you should be getting more Fps.

    P.S make sure you have the right video settings.


    Yeah I am using Optifine. For video settings do you mean in Minecraft?
  14. Andrew Johnson said:
    gamerzr said:
    Have you tried optifine? It adds multi-core support. I have also heard of making your video card see minecraft as a 3D game being helpful. Other than that I think you should be getting more Fps.

    P.S make sure you have the right video settings.


    Yeah I am using Optifine. For video settings do you mean in Minecraft?


    What minecraft/optifine settings are you using.
  15. whooleo said:
    Andrew Johnson said:
    gamerzr said:
    Have you tried optifine? It adds multi-core support. I have also heard of making your video card see minecraft as a 3D game being helpful. Other than that I think you should be getting more Fps.

    P.S make sure you have the right video settings.


    Yeah I am using Optifine. For video settings do you mean in Minecraft?


    What minecraft/optifine settings are you using.



    For Minecraft: Render Distance Normal, Particles Decreased, Fancy or Fast Graphics doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Advanced OpenGL Off.

    As for Optifine, I just downloaded the most recent one.
  16. When I have used optifine I have noticed that having mod loader has given a 10 fps increase at times. So make sure that you have that. Otherwise I don't see why your getting such low fps.
  17. Make sure properly install optifine, have the most recent Java (get 64 bit if you have a 64 bit OS), and what frequency is your CPU at?
  18. whooleo said:
    Make sure properly install optifine, have the most recent Java (get 64 bit if you have a 64 bit OS), and what frequency is your CPU at?


    Frequency?
  19. Andrew Johnson said:
    whooleo said:
    Make sure properly install optifine, have the most recent Java (get 64 bit if you have a 64 bit OS), and what frequency is your CPU at?


    Frequency?


    Clock speed mate! GHz!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Low FPS Minecraft Geforce Graphics