Can the HD 6750 overclock?

aspen1135

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I have a macbook pro 15" early 20011 model that comes with:
2.2ghz I7
4gb 1333 mhz ram
Radeon HD 6750 1gb

I wanted to overclock it through bootcamp, but the drivers apple provides from the bootcamp CD don't allow overclocking through any program. When i go to ATI's site, they online provide a video card checking tool. One question is, is there a driver out there that even supports overclocking for the 6750m?

I used to have a 13" early 2008 macbook with the nvidia geforce 9400m gt and i overclocked the sucker so much. Nvidia provided tools that would overclock the bus speeds and i reached close to 2.8ghz, and upping the clocks on the gpu, on a normal 2.4ghz dually.

If any help can be provided, it would be much appreciated. I wanted to boost my benchmarks a bit on my new laptop :D

thenay

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
You shouldn't really overclock a laptop gpu because there isn't enough sufficient cooling and your laptop will overheat causing many problems. Since laptops have all their parts pretty close together so if the gpu gets hot the whole entire system therefore becomes hot. If you do manage to overclock your gpu you will find little to none benefit, because there is a certain amount you can overclock a laptop gpu before you start running into serious problems like crashing etc. In a laptop the difference between the overclocked speed without problems and the default speed is so little that you can't tell a difference

Its not worth the risk overclocking a laptop because you will run into problems very easy