best graphics card for my motherboard

Hello. :)
need a bit of help here :) ..i need to add a new graphic card to my pc, and i dont know which one is best ... have a GTX 260 "Core 216" atm

here my specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe 790FX Socket AM3 DDR3 8 channel audio ATX

CPU - AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955

Ram - 4GB

i really appreciate

Cheers
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card motherboard
  1. lootpack said:
    Hello. :)
    need a bit of help here :) ..i need to add a new graphic card to my pc, and i dont know which one is best ... have a GTX 260 "Core 216" atm

    here my specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe 790FX Socket AM3 DDR3 8 channel audio ATX

    CPU - AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955

    Ram - 4GB

    i really appreciate

    Cheers


    Budget and intended use, please
  2. what's your budget and what games do you play?
  3. my budget is up till 200- 220£ ... i play games like crysis3 etc, so need a good GC and want to keep me for at least 3 years :)
  4. lootpack said:
    my budget is up till 200- 220£ ... i play games like crysis3 etc, so need a good GC and want to keep me for at least 3 years :)


    Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

    Grear card, great cooler.
  5. You could probably barely make the 7950 (looking amazon.co.uk, not quite sure on uk pricing) or easily the new 7870 xt/le with the tahiti core. 3 years is quite a while, but I'd say you'd need to upgrade your CPU before the GPU.
  6. cheers for ya fast answer faster23 ;)
    but im just a bit confused here...
    dose GDDR5 will go on my DDR3 motherboard?
    also i dont want to replace my graphic card i know that on this motherboard i can add 3 of them... so now im wonder if its a Radeon GC will connect with GTX true a crossfire??


    Cheers
  7. lootpack said:
    cheers for ya fast answer faster23 ;)
    but im just a bit confused here...
    dose GDDR5 will go on my DDR3 motherboard?
    also i dont want to replace my graphic card i know that on this motherboard i can add 3 of them... so now im wonder if its a Radeon GC will connect with GTX true a crossfire??
    to b honest i will prefer a GTX 1 :)

    Cheers


    Thanks. The GDDR5 is the gfx card's on board video RAM and is not affected by the memory type the mobo supports, so GDDR5 card is compatible with a DDR3 board.

    Also, you cannot run an Nvidia's Geforce cards with Radeon cards for CrossfireX, they're built that way. Although you may be able to keep your old card as a dedicated PhysX card, I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable on that topic. Best thing to do is part ways with your old card and sell it or keep it as a back up.

    I wanted to recommend you a Geforce card, but the 670, the Nvidia card most comparable to a 7950, is well beyond the price you're able to pay.
  8. Why not GTX 660 or higher ? nvidia have PhysX .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics