Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bootcamp trouble with windows 8

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
March 18, 2013 12:33:00 PM

please help!
I have just upgraded from windows 7 to 8 on a mac that is running bootcamp,
However the windows side has now crashed and I cant seam to restore it. if I try to refresh windows 8 it tells me there is not enough disk space and since I cant get into windows at all I cant delete any files.
Is there any way I could delete some from the OS X side of the computer.
I could probably do a full restore but have a couple of important files that are not backed up!
Please help!!
March 18, 2013 12:55:51 PM

ntfs-3g for OS X may help, I've no idea how easy it is to setup on a Mac.
I'd imagine the easiest option is to boot Ubuntu or Linux Mint, mount the windows partiton and copy files to a USB pen drive (or delete them).
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 1:42:18 PM

midimaker said:
ntfs-3g for OS X may help, I've no idea how easy it is to setup on a Mac.
I'd imagine the easiest option is to boot Ubuntu or Linux Mint, mount the windows partiton and copy files to a USB pen drive (or delete them).


Hi Thanks for that, I am trying to download linux now but im still a bit unsure of what to do?
Im very new to MACs will keep you posted
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 18, 2013 1:53:39 PM

Go here http://www.techulator.com/resources/5198-How-remove-Win... . That should give you all you need to remove Windows 8 and restore you drive into one partition. If you try to install Windows 8 again make sure that you update to OS X 10.8.3 before as that has added support for Windows 8 to boot camp. I have not tried it as I run a Hackintosh so I do not use boot camp.
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 2:08:55 PM

bryonhowley said:
Go here http://www.techulator.com/resources/5198-How-remove-Win... . That should give you all you need to remove Windows 8 and restore you drive into one partition. If you try to install Windows 8 again make sure that you update to OS X 10.8.3 before as that has added support for Windows 8 to boot camp. I have not tried it as I run a Hackintosh so I do not use boot camp.


Hi Thanks!
will this not erase all my data on windows 8 too?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 18, 2013 9:10:32 PM

Glenn Rackham said:
bryonhowley said:
Go here http://www.techulator.com/resources/5198-How-remove-Win... . That should give you all you need to remove Windows 8 and restore you drive into one partition. If you try to install Windows 8 again make sure that you update to OS X 10.8.3 before as that has added support for Windows 8 to boot camp. I have not tried it as I run a Hackintosh so I do not use boot camp.


Hi Thanks!
will this not erase all my data on windows 8 too?

Yes by removing the Windows 8 partition your data on the Windows 8 side will be removed also. If you can't boot into your Windows 8 partition anymore there may not be any choose however. I gather you have some data that is not backed up on that partition Since I do not run a real Mac I do not know what else you can do. When you boot into OS X does it not see the NTFS partition? I know atleast on my Hackintosh I have access to all of my NTFS drives from OS X.
m
0
l
!