Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is an HD 7750 a good graphics card for an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 18, 2013 2:27:32 PM

In my old computer i have an ati radeon hd 2400 pro, and i am looking to update it because the gpu is pretty much obsolete by now. I was thinking of an HD 7750, but will that be bottle-necked by my cpu? If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

I also have another question. With my old ati 2400 pro, i want to try and overclock it, but with my old system i cant overclock on the mobo, so i need to put it in my new system. The reason i want to overclock it, is because i want to try and overclock something, since i never have before and i want a little practice before i overclock my gtx 670. So i thought it would be a good thing to try and overclock it. So my question is, if i were to mess up my overclock, and i melt the gpu, could that damage any other parts of my computer, like the processor (i5 3570k), or the motherboard (gigabyte GA-z77x-ud3h) or even the psu (corsair CX750)?

By the way, i am just upgrading my graphics card on my old computer because i use that to watch videos and i want to hook it up to my hdtv through an hdmi cord, and my old gpu doesnt have hdmi.

More about : 7750 good graphics card intel core quad q6600

a b U Graphics card
March 18, 2013 2:34:15 PM

Yeah, for now the 7750 is an ok paring with the Intel core. It should at least be enough until the next generation of computer technology.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
March 18, 2013 2:50:25 PM

No, you won't fry other components. Make sure you go along with some tutorial. GPU overclocking in windows is simple, and the worst thing that will happen to you is that video driver will fail and you'll lose picture for couple seconds.

Take a look at this. http://forum.digitalpowered.net/lofiversion/index.php?t...

Overclock it a bit and then go with furmark or something else to test it. Then you can go some more until becomes unstable. At that point just lower clocks a bit and that's it.

P.S. It will be easier to clock your new GPU cause there are guys who allready did it and tested it with certain clocks.
!