Sign in with
Your question

8350 stock clocks mine see wrong

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:02:56 PM

though it was a multi of 20

Mines@ 20.5 which ='s 4.1ghz

Thought it was supposed to be 20 multi not 20.5 stock cpu just installed, stock bios settings no overclock.
a b K Overclocking
a c 132 à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:07:07 PM

Could be AMD turbo core in action?
It should be able to self overclock to 4.2 if the load on other cores is low enough(or not existent)

All my newer Intel systems seem to push 100mhz more out of the gate too.
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:10:30 PM

nukemaster said:
Could be AMD turbo core in action?
It should be able to self overclock to 4.2 if the load on other cores is low enough(or not existent)

All my newer Intel systems seem to push 100mhz more out of the gate too.

Running F@H i only see 4.1ghz
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b K Overclocking
a c 132 à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:19:54 PM

If F@H is taking all cores, The cpu can not push further due to power limits.

You would only see 4.2 under single threaded loads(I am not even sure how long it will hold, but as long as power and temp are in check it should be able to stay at higher speeds.).

Also, You should fold on your video card :) 

Always fold for 40051 :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:23:38 PM

nukemaster said:
If F@H is taking all cores, The cpu can not push further due to power limits.

You would only see 4.2 under single threaded loads(I am not even sure how long it will hold, but as long as power and temp are in check it should be able to stay at higher speeds.).

Also, You should fold on your video card :) 

Always fold for 40051 :) 

im 331 for 40051 lol. not the best not the worst. For some reason it says waiting for gpu to idle/???? its stuck like this
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 132 à CPUs
March 18, 2013 7:41:46 PM

that is strange.

I have not used the gpu folding client in a while(power cost and all), but it used to work well.

EDIT
I get the same thing

EDIT EDIT

Google told me to set FULL not medium and the video card fired right up.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2013 8:28:17 PM

That's probably just some Turbo at work. Folding is too heavy for max Turbo to be reached, but it's not necessarily too heavy for a light Turbo frequency such as 4.1GHz to be reached, at least if you have a very good FX-8350 (not all CPUs, even of the same model number, are equal when it comes to silicon quality). Perhaps there may be other factors involved too, but reaching 4.1GHz is not necessarily strange.

It might be that you got lucky with your unit, but I'm not familiar enough with the workload to say that for sure. You could test this theory with some overclocking if you care about it, but I don't think that it really matters unless overclocking is something that you intended to do anyway. 4.1GHz versus 4GHz isn't going to make much of a difference anyway (it's only 2.5% higher in frequency).
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 132 à CPUs
March 19, 2013 8:05:15 AM

cia24

My AMD 5870 will NOT fold even set to max, but my Nvidia 650ti folds fine. Must be an issue with the new F@H
m
l
!