Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First time build, is this a good/possible system?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 18, 2013 8:31:16 PM

First time build of a new rig for gaming, but before I dropped money on this system was hopping to get a better idea of what i was doing and make sure it all went together well or if there were better options out there.
Seagate Barracuda 2Tb hdd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cooler master hyper 212
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
LG blu-ray player
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Rosewell Hive series 750W power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Resewell armor eve-gameing mid tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
AMD FX-8350 CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Gigabyte AM3+ 990FX MOBO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
HD Radeon 7950 GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Ripjaws X series 16gb (8gb*2) ddr3 RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Thanks everyone

More about : time build good system

March 18, 2013 8:35:27 PM

its a great system i know because i have somthing similer the question is whats the asking price and secondly you could build it for cheaper more than likely
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 18, 2013 8:37:40 PM

I will try and fine something comparable for cheaper :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
March 18, 2013 8:40:27 PM

HI IMCLASSIFIED. great build. the one thing i would chabge is the psu, get a antec, corsair or seasonic thats 80+ and at least 550w. others may come in for a cheaper build...cheers:) 
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 8:41:35 PM

Wow, thanks, that was extremely fast, You have any idea of anything that might be missing? along with, right now, buying everything from New egg its around $1100 which is well under my original budget, but knowing that i can get it cheaper and I am happy with this setup it would be great to be sub $1000. I started with just getting the parts right before seeing if i could get them cheaper.
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 8:45:48 PM

stickmansam said:
I will try and fine something comparable for cheaper :) 


ARICH5 said:
HI IMCLASSIFIED. great build. the one thing i would chabge is the psu, get a antec, corsair or seasonic thats 80+ and at least 550w. others may come in for a cheaper build...cheers:) 


Dude, thanks, your awesome :wahoo: 

m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 18, 2013 8:47:28 PM

If this is below your original budget, I highly suggest a SSD as well. You will NEVER go back to just a HDD system.
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 8:50:42 PM

Heironious said:
If this is below your original budget, I highly suggest a SSD as well. You will NEVER go back to just a HDD system.


Oh, I Know, they are amazing, I have one in my laptop and it is amazingly fast, that was just something that I was going to tack on as a luxury item at the end if I had the room
m
0
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 18, 2013 8:50:58 PM

Haha I had to give up the extra 8gb of ram (but it's not really necessary)

The parts are similar quality though esp the PSU which is better, kept the case but there are multiple cheaper options out there

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.13 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($125.56 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.84 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill ARMOR-EVO ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $988.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-18 23:50 EDT-0400)
Share
March 18, 2013 8:53:26 PM

stickmansam said:
Haha I had to give up the extra 8gb of ram (but it's not really necessary)

The parts are similar quality though esp the PSU which is better, kept the case but there are multiple cheaper options out there

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.13 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($125.56 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.84 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill ARMOR-EVO ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $988.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-18 23:50 EDT-0400)


Thats great, and I figured as much about the RAM. Thanks a lot, this is extremly helpful. Do you have any recommendations for a better case? I would love to have a smaller one seeing as space is slightly limited
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 9:01:11 PM

really Ultimately it totally depends on what you plan to use it for and if you are planning on OC (if for games) or mainly a media machine etc how reliable you want it or just going for a power but cheap build etc

the spec's you see below are for my gaming pc these are the most reliable parts availible (but not good on the pocket) and this machine it totally geared for overclocking , however my media machine connected to my TV are completly diffrent for obvious reasons
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 9:04:30 PM

reggie2014 said:
really Ultimately it totally depends on what you plan to use it for and if you are planning on OC (if for games) or mainly a media machine etc how reliable you want it or just going for a power but cheap build etc


Ok, well In reality, im going just for durable gaming rig and maybe the possibilty of overclocking, but definitly not right off that bat, ill probably save that for if i want to build again after this.
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 9:07:02 PM

imclassified said:
reggie2014 said:
really Ultimately it totally depends on what you plan to use it for and if you are planning on OC (if for games) or mainly a media machine etc how reliable you want it or just going for a power but cheap build etc


Ok, well In reality, im going just for durable gaming rig and maybe the possibilty of overclocking, but definitly not right off that bat, ill probably save that for if i want to build again after this.


I forgot, thanks for the help!
m
0
l
March 18, 2013 9:14:33 PM

imclassified said:
imclassified said:
reggie2014 said:
really Ultimately it totally depends on what you plan to use it for and if you are planning on OC (if for games) or mainly a media machine etc how reliable you want it or just going for a power but cheap build etc


Ok, well In reality, im going just for durable gaming rig and maybe the possibilty of overclocking, but definitly not right off that bat, ill probably save that for if i want to build again after this.


I forgot, thanks for the help!


not a problem and great build (if i didnt mention it earlier) the main issue im having with it is the main board ,air cooler (if planning at all to OC and the psu (should idealy be a corsair) ,i dosnt mind gigabyte but like i always try to suggest if you can afford alittle extra (or alot) asus is the only way to go :) 

oh and one more thing wait till you play crysis 3 on the 8 core its totally killer ;) 
m
0
l
March 19, 2013 7:43:33 AM

reggie2014 said:
imclassified said:
imclassified said:
reggie2014 said:
really Ultimately it totally depends on what you plan to use it for and if you are planning on OC (if for games) or mainly a media machine etc how reliable you want it or just going for a power but cheap build etc


Ok, well In reality, im going just for durable gaming rig and maybe the possibilty of overclocking, but definitly not right off that bat, ill probably save that for if i want to build again after this.


I forgot, thanks for the help!


not a problem and great build (if i didnt mention it earlier) the main issue im having with it is the main board ,air cooler (if planning at all to OC and the psu (should idealy be a corsair) ,i dosnt mind gigabyte but like i always try to suggest if you can afford alittle extra (or alot) asus is the only way to go :) 

oh and one more thing wait till you play crysis 3 on the 8 core its totally killer ;) 


Can't wait, thanks for the help
m
0
l
!