Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Can Amd A10 5800k HD7660D hybrid crossfire with AMD 7750?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 19, 2013 8:02:15 AM

I am Trying to set up a Desktop PC for Home use.... I will do alot of music & graphics work on this set. I wish to use the FM2 A10 5800K with integrated HD7660D & hybrid crossfire with 7750 4GB or 2Gb dedicated card... Can this work?
Also can more that one card be used to maximize performance?
MB info:-
- ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
or
- ASUS F2A85-M/CSM FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Best solution

a b À AMD
March 19, 2013 8:20:41 AM

Quote:
I wish to use the FM2 A10 5800K with integrated HD7660D & hybrid crossfire with 7750 4GB or 2Gb dedicated card... Can this work?

It doesn't appear so. Based on AMD's web site, the best card you can Hybrid Crossfire with is the HD6670.

Quote:
Also can more that one card be used to maximize performance?

The second PCI-Ex16 slot on both of those motherboards only runs @ x4. I wouldn't try to Crossfire/SLI using a board like that. To my knowledge, you cannot set up a hybrid Tri-Crossfire set-up (APU + two Discrete).

If you want Hybrid Crossfire with that processor, you need a Radeon HD6670 discrete card.
If you want to set up Crossfire, you need a motherboard that has at least two PCI-Ex16 slots where both slots (with cards installed) run @ at least x8/x8 (not x16/x4).

-Wolf sends
Share
Related resources
March 19, 2013 8:32:08 AM

romenega- You would be better off not using an APU and instead going with a Vishera FX 4, 6, or 8 core or an Intel 4 core. You will have better CPU performance. Also, Crossfiring inexpensive cards isn't the best idea, just get a more powerful single GPU like a 7850. But as the others have said, you can hybrid Crossfire with a 6670 if you want. Also - the 7750 4gb? Seems like a lot of video RAM for that narrow 128-bit memory system. Stay away from any 7750 cards that use DDR3 instead of DDR5 as they will not perform as well.
Score
0
March 19, 2013 9:05:47 AM

Thanx for the the advice guys. I really want to use the APU as it is less expensive for the application in question. However I will try the 6670 card with DDR5 2GB for Crossfire or just go independent with a 7750 DDR5 2 / 4GB for dedicated use.
Score
0
March 19, 2013 9:26:38 AM

Not sure what country you shop in, but on Newegg, an FX 6300 (6-core) is currently the same price as the A10-5800k (4-core): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The 6-core will really shine in multi-threaded situations... and the FM2 motherboards don't look any less expensive.
Score
0
March 19, 2013 9:26:57 AM

Is there any other series card that can crossfire with this?
Score
0
March 19, 2013 9:28:07 AM

larkspur said:
Not sure what country you shop in, but on Newegg, an FX 6300 (6-core) is currently the same price as the A10-5800k (4-core): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The 6-core will really shine in multi-threaded situations... and the FM2 motherboards don't look any less expensive.


Score
0
March 19, 2013 9:29:29 AM

I am actually looking at newegg right now & I have done the price comparison, however I want to be able to use the board withou agraphics card for the time being until I get the funds to purchase the card.
Score
0
!