Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Asus gtx 660 ti directcu ii top or saphire radeon hd 7950 3gb vapor-x OC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 20, 2013 8:36:17 AM

Hello guys!!This is my first post and i wanna ask you something about a new graphic card.First of all i leave in greece and here the gtx costs 332 euros and the amd 330.I can give my computer info in a leter post if needed.I think i'll go for the gtx cause it has a higher cpu clock and memory clock but amd's got that 384 bit memory bus.Please guys tell me which is the best deal

Best regards
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2013 8:40:03 AM

7950 will blow that nvidia card out of the water.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2013 8:47:03 AM

Exactly with the new AMD drivers, they optimized the performance of their cards a lot. The 7950 will be a lot faster, there's no contest it's a better bang for the bucks.

The AMD card also has a 384-bit memory interface while the nvidia only has 192-bit. This might not play a big role right now, but I'd be afraid this limited bus could eventually become a bottleneck for nvidia in future games if you plan to keep the card for long.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 20, 2013 9:15:54 AM

Ty very much guys i'll take your opinions in account BUT would this huge monster fit into my cleveland gl8? Btw here is the link for my pc's specs:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en... And also i'm just going for 1080p gaming at high-very high settings and that asus is overclocked till 1150 mhz and its memory up to 1750 mhz i think.And i pretty much love this card.Please help me not regret my buy
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2013 10:09:36 AM

Thrasyvoulos Vlachos said:
Ty very much guys i'll take your opinions in account BUT would this huge monster fit into my cleveland gl8? Btw here is the link for my pc's specs:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en... And also i'm just going for 1080p gaming at high-very high settings and that asus is overclocked till 1150 mhz and its memory up to 1750 mhz i think.And i pretty much love this card.Please help me not regret my buy

If the case layout is what I think it is you'll probably need to saw out one of the hard drive slots.

m
0
l
March 20, 2013 12:57:23 PM

Whoa guys you've been really helpful and looks like i'll stick with the 7950 boost.2 questions though:How much is its max overlock frequency and will it be able to run games like far cry 3 on very high settings 1080p with at least 4x msaa at 30-45 fps?And that comment about sawing my hard disk slot kinda frightened me:p  what does that mean?
m
0
l
March 20, 2013 1:03:36 PM

Just to ease ya guys here's my specs:
Processor:Intel core i5 2310
Ram:4 gb ddr3
Current graphic card(some random shit in my opinion): ati radeon hd 6570 2gb
Hard drive: 500 gb
Power supply: 500W
Computer case:ATX

Oh just to add guys this is a link to a site with the 7950's prices.It's in greek but i can translate it for you or you can use google translate:https://www.skroutz.gr/c/55/kartes-grafikwn-vga.html?fr...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2013 11:29:06 AM

Thrasyvoulos Vlachos said:
Come on guys i need more advice!! More replies plz


People don't keep replying when it has been answered. The 7950 will blow that 660ti out of the water for the price. Have a good day.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 4:43:58 AM

cia24 said:
Thrasyvoulos Vlachos said:
Come on guys i need more advice!! More replies plz


People don't keep replying when it has been answered. The 7950 will blow that 660ti out of the water for the price. Have a good day.


Well i was lucky i thought it more.On amazon i found nvidia gtx 670 ftw 4gb 458$ which is 360 euros.Which is 30 euros more and a lottttttttttttt better so i'm going for it.Still ty very much
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2013 6:29:39 AM

A 7950 is still better than a 670.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2013 3:12:58 PM

cookybiscuit said:
A 7950 is still better than a 670.


Drivers are good right now but in lets say 1 month as ati is known for it will fail.

Dont forget not everyone wants to overclock.
Share
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2013 3:23:54 PM

cia24 said:
cookybiscuit said:
A 7950 is still better than a 670.


Drivers are good right now but in lets say 1 month as ati is known for it will fail.

Dont forget not everyone wants to overclock.


The drivers have only increased performance...
I doubt AMD will release drivers in a month that decrease performance by 5-20%
m
0
l
March 27, 2013 2:14:07 PM

cia24 said:
cookybiscuit said:
A 7950 is still better than a 670.


Drivers are good right now but in lets say 1 month as ati is known for it will fail.

Dont forget not everyone wants to overclock.


Ty very much bro!!Respect your opinion and i just want a card that can handle future games at 1080p high-very high settings and that gtx 670 pretty much covers that
m
0
l
September 21, 2013 4:45:43 PM

Its quite sometime since last post but I am building a PC for gaming and I am researching Saphire 7950 Vapor . I was looking at your post and looks like your power source is not enough for 7950 boost. Here they recommend at least 700 + watts with gold or higher rating.
m
0
l
!