Is the FX-6300 good for Architectural design

netorincon

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello, I'm currently looking at prices for cpu's and the FX-6300 looks very good for what it offers and the price it has. The thing is that soon I'm going to college and I want to know if this processor, with a Radeon 7850 (1gb) card will be enough for arch. design programs (AutoCAD, some 3d rendering, etc.). Yes I'm in a budget and can't really extend it a lot, if I could, I'd definetly get an i5 or an FX-8300. I'm also thinking of some gaming such as tomb raider, crisis 3, etc.

The extra cores may help with design and rendering. For video cards, check out what software you expect to be using and see which one works better with Nvidia or AMD. A lot of design software has GPU acceleration in them now, and some work with either vendor, some work better with one or the other.

netorincon

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Alright, just one more question...

What determines how well a processor performs? I mean, is this processor fast and reliable in terms of how fast apps open (I know it has to do with ram and somehow my hdd too) but is it good at all? besides being cheap and all that.