Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 21, 2013 1:58:40 AM

Can ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard support AMD FX 8350 processors and does it have multi GPU support
?? like NVIDIA SLI/Crossfire

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2013 3:00:50 AM

YES ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard support AMD FX 8350 processors
If you have the 970 Extreme R2.0, you won't have to update. If you have the normal 970 Extreme, depending on when you bought it, you may have to to a Bios update version 1.70.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=CPU

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=Downlo...


And Yes it has multi / quad GPU Xfire support
Share
March 21, 2013 3:02:44 AM

SoumyaHD said:
Can ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard support AMD FX 8350 processors and does it have multi GPU support
?? like NVIDIA SLI/Crossfire


yes it does support FX 8350 checkout the link only requirement is Bios P 1.50 and above.
And yes it supports Multi Gpu for AMD cards only no Nvidia SLI support on this board, and upto 2 cards in PCIE2 @ x16 mode; PCIE4 @ x4 mode
m
0
l
Related resources
March 21, 2013 3:18:50 AM

saudagar said:
SoumyaHD said:
Can ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard support AMD FX 8350 processors and does it have multi GPU support
?? like NVIDIA SLI/Crossfire


yes it does support FX 8350 checkout the link only requirement is Bios P 1.50 and above.
And yes it supports Multi Gpu for AMD cards only no Nvidia SLI support on this board, and upto 2 cards in PCIE2 @ x16 mode; PCIE4 @ x4 mode


Does this mobo MSI 970A-G46 support FX 8350 . And I have seen it both supports SLI/Crossfire
m
0
l
March 21, 2013 3:20:17 AM

imomun said:
YES ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard support AMD FX 8350 processors
If you have the 970 Extreme R2.0, you won't have to update. If you have the normal 970 Extreme, depending on when you bought it, you may have to to a Bios update version 1.70.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=CPU

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=Downlo...


And Yes it has multi / quad GPU Xfire support

What is the difference between GPU crossfire and quad GPU Xfire
m
0
l
March 21, 2013 8:03:49 AM

Actually Quad crossfire means you can use 4 graphic cards of the same generation(AMD) and get the benefit of scaling of the Graphic capabilities, and simple crossfire means using 2 of the same generation(again AMD) in tandem to get a scaled up performance of you graphic capabilities, unlike mentioned by "imomum" with due respect this board can only be used for a masimum of 2 Graphic cards in crossfire as the board has only two PCI-E X 16 2.0 ports, and the other two are PCI-E X 1 so there is no way a modern Graphic card can fit or be used in Quad Crossfire, if you want Quad Crossfire you should go for Premium boards like maybe 990 FX that has 3 or 4(usually 4) PCI-E X 16 2.0 ports, hope that answers your question.
m
0
l
March 21, 2013 8:32:48 AM

Which is better DDR3 or DDR5 graphichs
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2013 8:36:23 AM

My apology for not breaking this in to pieces, Otherwise Its difficult these days to recommend someone something and later people start pointing fingers.

Obviously when I said the board can support quad GPU means when two GFX Card with dual GPU (e.g. two HD 6990 cards) is placed in those two pcie slots. Yes it has two pcie GFX card slot any one can see that. Scales or not the fact is Quad GPU possible.

Cards like 6990 are internal 2 gpus in crossfire so two of such cards gives you quad gpu, Heres a link to the manufacturer website, It also says supporting quad GPUs http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/

Edit: And to OP yes DDR5 is better GFX memory. Thanks!
m
0
l
!