Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

help in selling 6990

Tags:
  • How To
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 21, 2013 4:32:57 AM

i have a 6990 with phenom 2 x4 945 oced to 3.5ghz,i will be buying intels next installment of hasswell cpus ,so right now 6990 is pretty slower to a oced 7970 and 680 in mordern games this frets me ,so can i have this gpu for another year or sell it ,i game at 1080p ,if to sell how to sell,some people have recomended me to sell to bitcoin miners if so how to sell to them

More about : selling 6990

Best solution

March 21, 2013 4:36:44 AM

keep the hd6990, it should definitely go on par with most of the gtx680s and hd7970s and even beat them in some instances. The difference in performance wont be noticeable at all unless you decide to get crossfire or sli of hd7970/gtx680.

IMHO, you should wait for what nvidia gtx700 and hd8000 series has to offer its only a few months till they hit the market. Selling off your hd6990 for a newer gpu would be waste of money.
Share
March 21, 2013 4:50:55 AM

shamsmu said:
keep the hd6990, it should definitely go on par with most of the gtx680s and hd7970s and even beat them in some instances. The difference in performance wont be noticeable at all unless you decide to get crossfire or sli of hd7970/gtx680.

IMHO, you should wait for what nvidia gtx700 and hd8000 series has to offer its only a few months till they hit the market. Selling off your hd6990 for a newer gpu would be waste of money.

do you think i can add another 6970 ,as i only have a 750w psu

Score
0
Related resources
March 21, 2013 4:58:31 AM


what psu do you have? You will be cutting it too close. hd6990 draws about 350-380w power on its own and hd6970 adds another 280w. You should still be able to do it but overclockings would be off limit and you might have to get rid off a couple of extra hard drives. 850w would have comfortably handled it.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/22510-amd-triple-cros...

trifire(hd6990+6970) can draw up to 845w

Score
0
March 21, 2013 5:00:31 AM

shamsmu said:


what psu do you have? You will be cutting it too close. hd6990 draws about 350-380w power on its own and hd6970 adds another 280w. You should still be able to do it but overclockings would be off limit and you might have to get rid off a couple of extra hard drives. 850w would have comfortable handled it.


[/quotemsg]
i have a cooler master 750w bronze psu
Score
0
March 21, 2013 5:15:55 AM

thanks, i will stay with my 6990 for a another year till newer gen gpu comes ,but for now i will unlock it to 6970 clocks
Score
0
March 21, 2013 6:06:49 AM

LBSPhellfireAk said:
thanks, i will stay with my 6990 for a another year till newer gen gpu comes ,but for now i will unlock it to 6970 clocks


yes that would be a good idea unlocking should give you performance very similar to the hd7970
Score
0
!