Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

i5-3337U + 32GB SSD vs i7-3537U + No SSD.

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • SSD
  • Lenovo
  • Intel i7
  • Intel i5
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
March 23, 2013 10:48:59 AM

Getting a Lenovo laptop. can only afford one pairing. Which should I go with? Pros/Cons? Need to order it tonight! Please advise :) .

More about : 3337u 32gb ssd 3537u ssd

March 23, 2013 10:55:36 AM

BrianLINY said:
Getting a Lenovo laptop. can only afford one pairing. Which should I go with? Pros/Cons? Need to order it tonight! Please advise :) .


Well it really depends on what you are doing with it... If you plan to game with it, the i7 won't offer anymore performance than the i5. If you are editing, the i7 would be a better choice.

As for the SSD, it allows your OS to boot up more quickly, although Lenovo doesn't load Windows on the SSD. So in order to get the speed boost, you would have to format both drives and install it onto the SSD.

Personally, I would go for the i7, because you can always throw an SSD in there later.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 10:58:03 AM

If you know hardware and confident doing little upgrade later, You can go for the one without ssd and later you can buy a ssd (something like a 128GB as price realy cheap nowdays) and transfer all from your HDD to the new SSD.

If you don't like those hasstle and just like to get on with it and after a year or to get another laptop sort of user than get the i5-3337U + 32GB SSD

My personal vote : i7-3537U + No SSD




Edit: the difference between those two

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-3537U-vs-Intel-Co...
m
0
l
Related resources
March 23, 2013 11:02:31 AM

imomun said:
If you know hardware and confident doing little upgrade later, You can go for the one without ssd and later you can buy a ssd (something like a 128GB as price realy cheap nowdays) and transfer all from your HDD to the new SSD.

If you don't like those hasstle and just like to get on with it and after a year or to get another laptop sort of user than get the i5-3337U + 32GB SSD

My personal vote : i7-3537U + No SSD



if you are comfortable installing it later i agree imomun...if not i think you should get the i5 w/ an ssd. ssd loads the OS and programs in a snap. its the most tangible speed difference in a modern pc. a little extra cpu won't compare in load times if its attached to a mech hdd.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 11:22:34 AM

I don't think I would feel comfortable installing a SSD. However would a 32gb one provide more of a value then the difference of the 3537 vs the 3337?
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 11:30:38 AM

BrianLINY said:
I don't think I would feel comfortable installing a SSD. However would a 32gb one provide more of a value then the difference of the 3537 vs the 3337?


Really it depends on speed. If you want your laptop to be extremely fast and noticeably snappy, get the SSD. But know that even without an SSD, the laptop won't be slow.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 11:30:44 AM

yes it would...it will have the most noticeable speed increase.
m
0
l
!