Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will my 300w PSU run nvidia geforce gt 630

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 23, 2013 6:12:30 PM

Hi, would my 300w PSU be able to handle nvidia geforce gt 630? if u guys need the specs of this power supply. I think this is the specs, if it is not tell me so i can give u the correct one.

+12V 19A, -12V 0.8A, +5V 25A, +5VSB 2A, +3.3V 18A,
+5V & +3.3V 175W MAX,
+5V & +12V 268W MAX.
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:18:02 PM

It depends. What else do you have in your PC? What kind of CPU?
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:19:18 PM

yes, you should be ok. depending how much you are already running off it
m
0
l
Related resources
March 23, 2013 6:20:15 PM

kevrods said:
Hi, would my 300w PSU be able to handle nvidia geforce gt 630? if u guys need the specs of this power supply. I think this is the specs, if it is not tell me so i can give u the correct one.

+12V 19A, -12V 0.8A, +5V 25A, +5VSB 2A, +3.3V 18A,
+5V & +3.3V 175W MAX,
+5V & +12V 268W MAX.


Even though that PSU just makes it past the Amp requirement on the +12v rail, I suggest upgrading to a 400w Power supply, just to be on the comfortable and safe side, instead of pushing that PSU too hard.

m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:21:29 PM

Yes, 300W is enough to pówer a GTX 630, if the PSU is of a good quality/brand -- if not then you may experience some crashes at full load, among other serious issues, like damaging other PC components.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:21:56 PM

Feldmarschall said:
It depends. What else do you have in your PC? What kind of CPU?


My processor is AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor 2.60Ghz
Quad Core
RAM is 6.00GB
System type 64 bit
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:22:26 PM

If you have 65W CPU or 55W CPU it won't be any problem because 630 tdp is only 50W.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:23:56 PM

DComander1x said:
kevrods said:
Hi, would my 300w PSU be able to handle nvidia geforce gt 630? if u guys need the specs of this power supply. I think this is the specs, if it is not tell me so i can give u the correct one.

+12V 19A, -12V 0.8A, +5V 25A, +5VSB 2A, +3.3V 18A,
+5V & +3.3V 175W MAX,
+5V & +12V 268W MAX.


Even though that PSU just makes it past the Amp requirement on the +12v rail, I suggest upgrading to a 400w Power supply, just to be on the comfortable and safe side, instead of pushing that PSU too hard.



Thanks for replying, I am very new to this upgrading thing, can u tell me what to look for in a 400w power supply to make it work or does any 400w power supply gonna work?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:24:16 PM

TDP 95W... you'll run it ok. Plug it in and play.

Total system power is not over 170W in that case.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:25:13 PM

Feldmarschall said:
If you have 65W CPU or 55W CPU it won't be any problem because 630 tdp is only 50W.


So are you saying that i am fine?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:28:07 PM

Yes, you are fine.

Upgrade is recomended though because 300W will not provide any options for future.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:31:56 PM

Feldmarschall said:
Yes, you are fine.

Upgrade is recomended though because 300W will not provide any options for future.


When i buy a new power supply, do i have to look for a power supply with specs the same as what i currently have or will any power supply work?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:34:00 PM

Any new PSU will work. If you select branded one like Corsair, XFX, OCZ, Antec, Seasonic... you'll get real stuff. But power depends on what you want to do. 400W is bare minimum for present needs.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:38:46 PM

Feldmarschall said:
Any new PSU will work. If you select branded one like Corsair, XFX, OCZ, Antec, Seasonic... you'll get real stuff. But power depends on what you want to do. 400W is bare minimum for present needs.


I just bought a power supply but not a branded one and when i installed the power supply, it did not work and I called a friend of mine who knows a lot about computers and told me that my new power supply specs is not compatible with what I have on my computer.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:42:27 PM

What kind of PC do you have? Dell, HP...?
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:43:49 PM

Feldmarschall said:
What kind of PC do you have? Dell, HP...?


HP
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:46:19 PM

Well then you should buy HP power supply because they often make unique motherboards and standard components can't fit in. What is exact model? Maybe you even can't install new video card.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 6:49:04 PM

Feldmarschall said:
Well then you should buy HP power supply because they often make unique motherboards and standard components can't fit in. What is exact model? Maybe you even can't install new video card.


Yea i just bought the geforce gt 630 and i am using it right now but the power supply that i bought does not work. My hp model is p6302f and motherboard model is H-RS880-uATX (Aloe).
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 6:53:41 PM

What PSU have you bought? Motherboard supports standard 24 pin ATX power supply.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 7:01:12 PM

Feldmarschall said:
What PSU have you bought? Motherboard supports standard 24 pin ATX power supply.


I have bought a dynex 520 watt atx power supply and has 20+4 pin, pci express, sata wires and it also says atx 12v 2.31 compliant . Also when i installed it earlier, i removed the one i currently have and it was attached to 4 spots. 2 from the motherboard 1 in the hard disk drive and one around the disk opening thing. I installed the one i bought the same way but it did not work. So i was stuck between plugging the wires wrong, not compatible or this power supply is broken. What do you think?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 7:08:12 PM

You have missed something or PSU is bad (it's possible). Plug in only Motherboard 24pin and CPU 4 pin connector and try to start it. Your OS won't start but you'll get screen on display.
m
0
l
March 23, 2013 7:13:38 PM

Feldmarschall said:
You have missed something or PSU is bad (it's possible). Plug in only Motherboard 24pin and CPU 4 pin connector and try to start it. Your OS won't start but you'll get screen on display.


OK i will try it out later because im not at home but lets say i plugged the ones u told me and screen display will pop up, what do i do after that? and if it still did not work after the 24 pin and 4 pin connector does that mean the PSU is crap and i should just find a new one?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 7:15:06 PM

It means that is dead probably. Your friend should check it with paperclip test after that.
Share
March 23, 2013 7:19:40 PM

Feldmarschall said:
It means that is dead probably. Your friend should check it with paperclip test after that.


Ok and if thats the case, the next time i go to a shop that sells power supplies, should i go and tell them like I need a power supply that will work with this motherboard model?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 23, 2013 7:21:30 PM

kevrods said:
Feldmarschall said:
It means that is dead probably. Your friend should check it with paperclip test after that.


Ok and if thats the case, the next time i go to a shop that sells power supplies, should i go and tell them like I need a power supply that will work with this motherboard model?



I think that you need only working PSU because 520W one is probably dead.

m
0
l
March 23, 2013 7:25:11 PM

Thanks to all of you for helping me out. I will try to purchase a new one as soon as i can, once again thanks for your help
m
0
l
!