Solved

Is this a good gaming pc for my budget?

is this a good gaming pc for my budget? Im almost certain that the 750w is overkill but I was thinking about going crossfire later on when the games get heavy graphic oriented.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/GhilliedFox/saved/1mYZ
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good gaming budget
  1. for crossfire its not overkill...if you over clock even more so. not to mention having some extra wattage will allow for capacitor wear giving your system a longer life.
  2. Best answer
    OC that baby yourself
    Get 850W IMO, more headroom for OC as atoic mentions
    Get the ASUS LK voer the extreme 4 , the lk has better phases
    The 212 EVO is like 1-3 c cooler, your call
    Get a 7200rpm 3.5inch, 64mb cache HDD, 1tb platter
    Made a case change but your choice

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($47.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($418.13 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Mouse: Logitech G400 Wired Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1117.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-24 03:02 EDT-0400)
  3. ya with overclocking and that 7970 and future upgrades a high quality 800+w psu is fine.
  4. can someone confirm that 1866 ram is ok?
  5. ARICH5 said:
    can someone confirm that 1866 ram is ok?


    It can on the board he picked at least. its an overclock speed but it will run just fine.
  6. stickmansam said:
    OC that baby yourself
    Get 850W IMO, more headroom for OC as atoic mentions
    Get the ASUS LK voer the extreme 4 , the lk has better phases
    The 212 EVO is like 1-3 c cooler, your call
    Get a 7200rpm 3.5inch, 64mb cache HDD, 1tb platter
    Made a case change but your choice

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($47.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($418.13 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Mouse: Logitech G400 Wired Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1117.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-24 03:02 EDT-0400)




    any thoughts or suggestions on this build then, kinda leaning towards this build as it seems like its better and cheaper.
  7. ghilliedfox said:
    stickmansam said:
    OC that baby yourself
    Get 850W IMO, more headroom for OC as atoic mentions
    Get the ASUS LK voer the extreme 4 , the lk has better phases
    The 212 EVO is like 1-3 c cooler, your call
    Get a 7200rpm 3.5inch, 64mb cache HDD, 1tb platter
    Made a case change but your choice

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($47.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($418.13 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Mouse: Logitech G400 Wired Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1117.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-24 03:02 EDT-0400)




    any thoughts or suggestions on this build then, kinda leaning towards this build as it seems like its better and cheaper.


    stickman made a solid build +1
  8. atomicWAR said:
    ghilliedfox said:
    stickmansam said:
    OC that baby yourself
    Get 850W IMO, more headroom for OC as atoic mentions
    Get the ASUS LK voer the extreme 4 , the lk has better phases
    The 212 EVO is like 1-3 c cooler, your call
    Get a 7200rpm 3.5inch, 64mb cache HDD, 1tb platter
    Made a case change but your choice

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($47.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($418.13 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Mouse: Logitech G400 Wired Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1117.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-24 03:02 EDT-0400)




    any thoughts or suggestions on this build then, kinda leaning towards this build as it seems like its better and cheaper.


    stickman made a solid build +1


    The Best for my budget?
  9. only you can answer that....you can always tweak a build more. that said i would be happy with it were it my budget.
  10. atomicWAR said:
    only you can answer that....you can always tweak a build more. that said i would be happy with it were it my budget.


    Well then, if it truly is a solid build and its below my budget, i guess i can now buy a really good monitor as well, been using an old 1 that has almost lasted its life span
  11. ghilliedfox said:
    atomicWAR said:
    only you can answer that....you can always tweak a build more. that said i would be happy with it were it my budget.


    Well then, if it truly is a solid build and its below my budget, i guess i can now buy a really good monitor as well, been using an old 1 that has almost lasted its life span


    there you go!
  12. Thanks for all the great help guys! :D
    I look forward to cranking out this beast of a machine!
  13. have fun with it :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Games Crossfire Systems