Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building my first rig! Debating triple monitor. What GPU though guys??

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 24, 2013 6:22:22 AM

Which GPU would be best for triple monitor if I decide to go triple monitor!??

Or stick with my 1080p 32" Samsung tele and get a TITAN??? Base my future upgrades around that...... I.e triple monitor etc but a year down the line

Thanks
March 24, 2013 6:26:53 AM

What's the combined resolution for your triple monitor setup (ie. 3x1080p)? Also, what's your budget? It'd also be good to let us know the rest of your system specs.
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 6:32:19 AM

EzioAs said:
What's the combined resolution for your triple monitor setup (ie. 3x1080p)? Also, what's your budget? It'd also be good to let us know the rest of your system specs.


looking at around £125-£150 per monitor. So 1080p

Gpu- ????

Mb- Asus maximus V gene

Ram- 8gm Kingston

Cpu- i5 3570K

Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper N520 43.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Ps- Corsair 750W

This is my set up so far on part picker but not sure.

Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
March 24, 2013 6:44:10 AM

LongbonesRig said:
EzioAs said:
What's the combined resolution for your triple monitor setup (ie. 3x1080p)? Also, what's your budget? It'd also be good to let us know the rest of your system specs.


looking at around £125-£150 per monitor. So 1080p

Gpu- ????

Mb- Asus maximus V gene

Ram- 8gm Kingston

Cpu- i5 3570K

Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper N520 43.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Ps- Corsair 750W

This is my set up so far on part picker but not sure.

Thanks


what is your gpu budget? not your monitor budget ;)  i heard you referance a titan...it is the best single gpu card out there and goo for multi-monitor...sli another one down the road and you should be able to game nicely at 1080p x3
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 6:50:17 AM

atomicWAR said:
LongbonesRig said:
EzioAs said:
What's the combined resolution for your triple monitor setup (ie. 3x1080p)? Also, what's your budget? It'd also be good to let us know the rest of your system specs.


looking at around £125-£150 per monitor. So 1080p

Gpu- ????

Mb- Asus maximus V gene

Ram- 8gm Kingston

Cpu- i5 3570K

Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper N520 43.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Ps- Corsair 750W

This is my set up so far on part picker but not sure.

Thanks


what is your gpu budget? not your monitor budget ;)  i heard you referance a titan...it is the best single gpu card out there and goo for multi-monitor...sli another one down the road and you should be able to game nicely at 1080p x3


GPU budget would be around the price of the Titan mate. But time being is either a GPU like the 7970ghz 3gb edition/GTX 680 and get 3 1080p monitors, or make do with my 32"Samsung 1080p tele but get a Titan graphics card then a year or 2 maybe look at more monitors
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 7:05:53 AM

i would just get the titan then and enjoy the fact you can play crysis 3 on very high MSAA x8 AF 16x @ 1080p (46 fps if i recall) on a single gpu...many might call this overkill but i like 60fps when i can get it. heck i had to get 2 OC'd gtx 670's to get those numbers though it cost me a few hundred less ;) 
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:21:41 AM

atomicWAR said:
i would just get the titan then and enjoy the fact you can play crysis 3 on very high MSAA x8 AF 16x @ 1080p (46 fps if i recall) on a single gpu...many might call this overkill but i like 60fps when i can get it. heck i had to get 2 OC'd gtx 670's to get those numbers though it cost me a few hundred less ;) 


I'm certainly all about the graphics!! It will murder most other games though wont it?? I know crysis 3 is the stumbling block at the moment with reference to FPS.
Will TITAN on my plasma 1080p look better than my Xbox graphics then?

What did you think to the rest of my set up??
Mobo etc??

I'm intending on putting it all in the Cooler master haf X

m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:25:41 AM

yes the titan will look 2 generations ahead of your xbox on that screen. it will max crysis 3 at 1080p max filtering.

the rest of your set up looks awesome.

m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:30:18 AM

If you are sticking with the plasma TV for now, get the Titan it will overkill anything on a single 1080p monitor. It will make Xbox graphics look like Gameboy Color
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:33:01 AM

huilun02 said:
If you are sticking with the plasma TV for now, get the Titan it will overkill anything on a single 1080p monitor. It will make Xbox graphics look like Gameboy Color


rofl....gameboy color...love the analogy +1
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:37:58 AM

huilun02 said:
If you are sticking with the plasma TV for now, get the Titan it will overkill anything on a single 1080p monitor. It will make Xbox graphics look like Gameboy Color


Brilliant ;)  cheers guys

m
0
l
March 24, 2013 8:46:23 AM

happy to help!
m
0
l
!