Which Graphics do I need

Hello in a newbe on hereI would like some help in chosing a Graphics card , I have a computer with ECS motherboard P4M900T-M (V1.0) and a Intel® Pentium® D Processor 945 (4M Cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). 2 x 1GB 2Rx8 PC-5300S-555-12 ram.My grandson wolld like to run Farm Simulator 2013!what graphics card would I need and is the ram OK?
Thanks.
17 answers Last reply
More about graphics
  1. jim9449 said:
    Hello in a newbe on hereI would like some help in chosing a Graphics card , I have a computer with ECS motherboard P4M900T-M (V1.0) and a Intel® Pentium® D Processor 945 (4M Cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). 2 x 1GB 2Rx8 PC-5300S-555-12 ram.My grandson wolld like to run Farm Simulator 2013!what graphics card would I need and is the ram OK?
    Thanks.


    With that system I would get a radeon hd 7750. With this, you don't have to worry about external power from the power supply.
  2. yep hd 7750
  3. You can grab more ram for as low as 20$ these days, for the graphics card you could go with the 650ti or 7770 Ghz; Simple, Basic and cheap. They willl definitely run farm simulator 2013. the 7770 is cheaper though.
    Good luck
  4. what is the wattage and type of your Power supply. i can better assist you with this info. a 7750 would be my guess but you need a 400watt PSU to use it.
  5. hesham555 said:
    You can grab more ram for as low as 20$ these days, for the graphics card you could go with the 650ti or 7770 Ghz; Simple, Basic and cheap. They willl definitely run farm simulator 2013. the 7770 is cheaper though.
    Good luck


    A 7770 requires auxiliary power for the gpu, which I doubt this system has, so unless he buys a new psu as well, he probably couldn't use a 7770.
  6. Norlag said:
    hesham555 said:
    You can grab more ram for as low as 20$ these days, for the graphics card you could go with the 650ti or 7770 Ghz; Simple, Basic and cheap. They willl definitely run farm simulator 2013. the 7770 is cheaper though.
    Good luck


    A 7770 requires auxiliary power for the gpu, which I doubt this system has, so unless he buys a new psu as well, he probably couldn't use a 7770.


    he may need a new psu regardless...what is his wattage?
  7. atomicWAR said:
    Norlag said:
    hesham555 said:
    You can grab more ram for as low as 20$ these days, for the graphics card you could go with the 650ti or 7770 Ghz; Simple, Basic and cheap. They willl definitely run farm simulator 2013. the 7770 is cheaper though.
    Good luck


    A 7770 requires auxiliary power for the gpu, which I doubt this system has, so unless he buys a new psu as well, he probably couldn't use a 7770.


    he may need a new psu regardless...what is his wattage?


    Ah, I see. In that case it might just be better to save up for a whole new rig, as I personally know how expensive it can get to keep replacing/updating parts that then cause you to have to upgrade other parts also.
  8. Thanks everyone very helpful! The power supply is a Win Power ATX -650L which 650w 23amp
  9. your golden then! it will work fine with a 7750 or a 7770 as far as watts are concerned...though its not a high quality supply. you may want to upgrade to a quality unit by seasonic!

    if u did use it for a 7770 you may need a molex to pcie 6 pin adapter.
  10. jim9449 said:
    Thanks everyone very helpful! The power supply is a Win Power ATX -650L which 650w 23amp


    Ok that should work for the 7750. Anything over a 7750 and the cpu would probably bottleneck the gpu.
  11. Norlag said:
    atomicWAR said:
    Norlag said:
    hesham555 said:
    You can grab more ram for as low as 20$ these days, for the graphics card you could go with the 650ti or 7770 Ghz; Simple, Basic and cheap. They willl definitely run farm simulator 2013. the 7770 is cheaper though.
    Good luck


    A 7770 requires auxiliary power for the gpu, which I doubt this system has, so unless he buys a new psu as well, he probably couldn't use a 7770.


    he may need a new psu regardless...what is his wattage?


    Ah, I see. In that case it might just be better to save up for a whole new rig, as I personally know how expensive it can get to keep replacing/updating parts that then cause you to have to upgrade other parts also.


    That might be the cheapest in the long run
  12. http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1619324 $59 seasonic 400w psu
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402 $109 7770 ghz edition
    total $168

    plus if u build a rig down the line you can carry these over ;)
  13. Thanks all will have to consider what to do next new Grephics card or new system!
  14. jim9449 said:
    Thanks all will have to consider what to do next new Grephics card or new system!


    almost forgot the card i listed also come with far cry 3 for free!

    good luck!

    just my two cents...i would upgrade a bit at a time...a new PSU and vid card is a nice start....then down the road do a new motherboard, cpu and ram....
  15. Thanks atomicWAR, only problem is I'm in the UK will cost to much from US ;)
  16. well i hope it was still of some help. maybe you can use a uk vendor to get similar parts...
  17. atomicWAR said:
    well i hope it was still of some help. maybe you can use a uk vendor to get similar parts...


    Yes indeed you were of great help and thank you to all;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Processors Cache Computers Motherboards Graphics Graphics Cards