Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I am having to turn my PSU off and then back on to power my motherboard each time I want to start PC up

Last response: in Components
Share
March 24, 2013 10:27:28 AM

I am having to turn my PSU off and then back to power my motherboard each time before turning the pc on, does this mean my mother board is going?
a b V Motherboard
March 24, 2013 10:35:08 AM

it might...could be your PSU though too. try power cycling it....while plugged in but not booted up with PSU's power switch in the on position....pull the psu cord and at the same time hold your power button on you pc....do this for 30 seconds and release. then plug it back in again....then boot up, boot back down and then power up like normal... tell me if that works.
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 10:47:26 AM

atomicWAR said:
it might...could be your PSU though too. try power cycling it....while plugged in but not booted up with PSU's power switch in the on position....pull the psu cord and at the same time hold your power button on you pc....do this for 30 seconds and release. then plug it back in again....then boot up, boot back down and then power up like normal... tell me if that works.


Do I do this after I have turned the PSU off and on again so the motherboards blue light is back on? ... The computer is fine when It needs to be restarted just not when I shut down and go to turn it on again.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 89 V Motherboard
March 24, 2013 11:02:07 AM

Sounds like the MB is going. See this a lot, usually a cap starting to go.
m
0
l
March 24, 2013 11:33:44 AM

getochkn said:
Sounds like the MB is going. See this a lot, usually a cap starting to go.


Thanks, I was thinking motherboard. May just leave the comp to die on its own then. Shame its not the psu as You can get them cheap. I have a acer w510 now as I'm travelling from november so hopefully this pc lasts till around then.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
March 24, 2013 9:15:32 PM

arif7 said:
getochkn said:
Sounds like the MB is going. See this a lot, usually a cap starting to go.


Thanks, I was thinking motherboard. May just leave the comp to die on its own then. Shame its not the psu as You can get them cheap. I have a acer w510 now as I'm travelling from november so hopefully this pc lasts till around then.


i suspected as much myself i just wanted to rule out the PSU first! so yeah it sounds like the mobo.
m
0
l
!