Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Corsair 750 Watt Builder Series CX 750 Modular Power Supply

Last response: in Components
Share
March 25, 2013 7:32:51 AM

Hi guys,
I was debating weather to upgrade my PSU!
I have the Corsair 750 Watt Builder Series CX 750 Modular Power Supply in mind! So far so good (£66.00 from ebuyer)!
The only thing I'm not too sure about is the CPU power connector. I have a 4 pin CPU power connector on my motherboard (GA-Z77X-D3H) and the CX 750 Modular Power Supply comes with an 8 pin CPU power connector! I don't know if this is a 4 + 4?

Please help!
March 25, 2013 7:38:04 AM

Did you try googling it? Usually they are 4+4 to accomodate the older style mobo's...but again google it or contact the seller to see if the specs say so on the box.
m
0
l
a c 134 ) Power supply
a c 198 à CPUs
March 25, 2013 7:40:52 AM

I'm not a fan of the "Builder" series which can be taken to mean "we have priced these cheap enough so that system builders will buy them". Newegg list the following connectors for the TX750 V2

Connectors
1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 4+4 Pin CPU
8 x Peripheral
8 x SATA
2 x Floppy
4 x PCI-E

Corsair's site isn't very helpful
http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/manual/DC_Cable_con...
m
0
l
Related resources
March 25, 2013 7:58:58 AM

Kjwinden said:
Did you try googling it? Usually they are 4+4 to accomodate the older style mobo's...but again google it or contact the seller to see if the specs say so on the box.


Thank for your answers guys!

I have spent ages on the net looking for a good priced Modular Power Supply this one come up trumps!
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 8:03:35 AM

No worries, I hope you didn't that I answered your question with more questions. I personally think sometimes the forum members here dont do any favors by just giving answers away...sometimes its good to try to facilitate learning.

But as you said you did research...and luckily Jackypoo up there had your answer for you. GL.
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 8:15:56 AM

Kjwinden said:
No worries, I hope you didn't that I answered your question with more questions. I personally think sometimes the forum members here dont do any favors by just giving answers away...sometimes its good to try to facilitate learning.

But as you said you did research...and luckily Jackypoo up there had your answer for you. GL.


Cheers!
I have just emailed Corsair!
Weather they get back to me or not is a different matter!

Thanks for your help! 0_0
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 8:33:54 AM

I bought a Corsair HX750 Modular from NewEgg about 5 months ago and the CPU power connector was 4+4. Different model but I'm pretty all their PSUs come with 4+4
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 8:57:28 AM

SerCleopas said:
I bought a Corsair HX750 Modular from NewEgg about 5 months ago and the CPU power connector was 4+4. Different model but I'm pretty all their PSUs come with 4+4


Cheers for that!

m
0
l
February 3, 2014 4:47:09 AM

I bought a Corsair - CX Series Modular CX750M fro Best Buy and the connector was not 4x4, but could fit into the 4 pin connector easily. Researched as much as I could beforehand and decided to take the plunge and flip the switch. No disasters - works fine. Wish the Corsair site and other references had been clearer.
m
0
l
a c 1864 ) Power supply
a c 745 à CPUs
February 3, 2014 6:31:17 AM

The CX series are poorly made with cheap capacitors.
m
0
l
!