Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

4GB ram, but only 929MB usable on windows 8 32-bit

Last response: in Memory
Share
March 25, 2013 10:51:25 AM

4GB RAM INSTALLED, showing ONLY 929MB usable on WINDOWS 8 PRO, 32-BIT.
I have gone thru ur blogs..... but got no solution for mine problem.....
please help...
March 25, 2013 10:55:28 AM

if you read close enough they say you need a 64 bit operating system
m
0
l
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 10:58:40 AM

32 bit can use up to 4 GB. You're good there. What exactly does it say in task manager? If you add up the free/available/usable/etc. do you get 4GB? Do you see all 4 GB in BIOS?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 10:59:41 AM

Are you using an on-board (a.k.a. integrated) graphics adapter? If so, how much memory is allocated to its use in your BIOS?
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 11:05:42 AM

10554831,0,232581 said:
Are you using an on-board (a.k.a. integrated) graphics adapter? If so, how much memory is allocated to its use in your BIOS?[/quote

sir can u please tell how to check that???please
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 11:07:02 AM

good point COLGeek if hes using integrated graphics it will use portion of his ram
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 11:08:10 AM

wanderer11 said:
32 bit can use up to 4 GB. You're good there. What exactly does it say in task manager? If you add up the free/available/usable/etc. do you get 4GB? Do you see all 4 GB in BIOS?


in task manager it says:-
RAM:- 4GB(929MB USABLE)
yes I do see 4gb in BIOS
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 11:13:15 AM

alvine said:
good point COLGeek if hes using integrated graphics it will use portion of his ram


SIR EARLIER I WAS USING WINDOWS 7 64- BIT . THEN IT WAS SHOWING 4GB AND USABLE 3.75GB
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 11:18:07 AM

What applications are currently running?

Also, why did you change from 64-bit to 32-bit Windows?

What are the specifications for this system?
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 11:31:57 AM

COLGeek said:
What applications are currently running?

Also, why did you change from 64-bit to 32-bit Windows?

What are the specifications for this system?


1.only 3 tabs on IE 10
2.to try windows 8
3.intel core(TM) i3-2328 cpu@2.20ghz 2.19ghz, ram- 4.00GB(929MB usable)
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 11:55:01 AM

In your BIOS, how much memory is allocated for the integrated video adapter to use?
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 12:11:14 PM

COLGeek said:
In your BIOS, how much memory is allocated for the integrated video adapter to use?

HOW TO CHECK THAT???

m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 12:12:22 PM

What make/model of motherboard are you using?
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 12:15:43 PM

Msconfig>boot>advanced options and make sure max memory is either not checked or set to the highest it can go.
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 12:25:19 PM

COLGeek said:
What make/model of motherboard are you using?

HOW TO SEE THAT WITHOUT BOOTING AS NET IS ON ON THE SAME LAPTOP.??

DISPLAY ADAPTER type-intel r hd graphics family(Microsoft-corporation-wddm1.2)

m
0
l
March 25, 2013 12:26:48 PM

k1114 said:
Msconfig>boot>advanced options and make sure max memory is either not checked or set to the highest it can go.

I have checked........ max memory is not checked

m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a b } Memory
March 25, 2013 12:28:13 PM

Ok, so now we know you have a laptop.

What make/model of laptop are you using? This will help to determine how you can access your BIOS.

Usually, you just push F2 or DEL right after powering the system on to access the BIOS. Then it is just a matter for locating the video/graphics settings.
m
0
l
March 25, 2013 12:32:24 PM

COLGeek said:
Ok, so now we know you have a laptop.

What make/model of laptop are you using? This will help to determine how you can access your BIOS.

Usually, you just push F2 or DEL right after powering the system on to access the BIOS. Then it is just a matter for locating the video/graphics settings.



HP NOTEBOOK 650.I CANNOT BOOT IT RITE NO AS I AM USING IT TO CONVRSE ON THE DISCUSSION


m
0
l
a b } Memory
March 26, 2013 7:02:41 AM

You said task manager sees 4Gb and usable 929MB. Sounds fine to me. Are you using the other 3 GB by chance?
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 7:05:59 AM

I've been having the exact same problem. This machine comes ready with windows 8 installed, but I put windows 7 on :D 

anyway, the performance was terrible so I checked the RAM and it says that same crap, 4.0 GB installed, (929 MB usable).

So my HALF solution is to update the BIOS here: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
As ALWAYS be careful when flashing your BIOS. this however only gives me 2.00 GB useable, so its not ideal at all, but its better than 929 MB :) 



setsoru
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 2:36:03 AM

The new HP BIOS corrects this. Mine went from 929MB to 2.66GB after installing this.
m
0
l
December 30, 2013 9:05:04 PM

Go to bios and have it reset to all default settings.
m
0
l
!