Solved

Can my Graphics Card support 3 monitors with the outputs on it?

Hello, this is my first thread on this site, would just like to say hello. Also, I am very new to the world of PC building/setups, but can handle it all fine when it comes to understanding most of it. On to the topic, I am researching thought of buying 2 additional 23' monitors for my PC setup. Now with this said, my graphics card (Radeon 7770) has three outputs. HDMI, DVI, (Converted to VGA with adapter; in use) and display-port. Now, I have heard from several other forums on this site and many others you will need an eyefinity card for a 3 monitor setup. I would mostly like to know, will the graphics card be able to expand (not duplicate) the PC onto the three monitors with the provided outputs? If not, what would I need? If you could give me a solution that would be great.

- EricCan965
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card support monitors outputs
  1. yes it can extend to 3 monitors. but for normal non demanding tasks, if you are trying to game on three monitors. you will be very disappointing.
  2. tenaciousk said:
    if you are trying to game on three monitors. you will be very disappointing.


    Hmm, well that's my idea for the setup. What would be the problem with this sort of connection, would there be a lower quality, awkward positioning in the resolution, or what else? (Apologize for me sounding like a newbie.)
  3. Best answer
    its just that the 7770 give medium graphics on newer games on one monitor. if you add another two you will be playing on low settings, most likely still with low fps.
  4. tenaciousk said:
    its just that the 7770 give medium graphics on newer games on one monitor. if you add another two you will be playing on low settings, most likely still with low fps.
    OK, so technically, the more I put on the card, the less the performance? If so, is there another way I can keep the quality? (Sorry once again for being a newbie to this type of topic.)
  5. EricCan965 said:
    OK, so technically, the more I put on the card, the less the performance? If so, is there another way I can keep the quality? (Sorry once again for being a newbie to this type of topic.)


    Yep.. get a beefier video card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Peripherals