Solved

Very confused about which GPU to purchase

I am extremely confused on which GPU is the most powerful. Some people say it is the Nvidia GTX 690, some people say it is the Nvidia GTX Titan, and then some people even say it is the PowerColor Devil 13 HD 7990. Which one is the best or is there better? Please include a link to show proof, even better with actually experience. I don't want any fan boy reviews please. Thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about confused gpu purchase
  1. oscarg621 said:
    I am extremely confused on which GPU is the most powerful. Some people say it is the Nvidia GTX 690, some people say it is the Nvidia GTX Titan, and then some people even say it is the PowerColor Devil 13 HD 7990. Which one is the best or is there better? Please include a link to show proof, even better with actually experience. I don't want any fan boy reviews please. Thanks!


    its all on the graphics card hirearchy

    according to toms. its gtx 690 and hd7990 are both better than the titan in gaming

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32654-7.html
  2. Best single GPU: GTX Titan
    Best Dual GPU: Debatable
    It comes down to how well games are optimized. Some games, the GTX Titan leaves even dual GPU solutions in the dust. Sometimes games scale so well it's a 1:2. Some games are more optimized for AMD than NVidia and vise versa.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_7990_Devil_13/1.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329.html
  3. gtx 690 or hd7990

    this is a thread about most powerful not best gaming
  4. shanky887614 said:
    oscarg621 said:
    I am extremely confused on which GPU is the most powerful. Some people say it is the Nvidia GTX 690, some people say it is the Nvidia GTX Titan, and then some people even say it is the PowerColor Devil 13 HD 7990. Which one is the best or is there better? Please include a link to show proof, even better with actually experience. I don't want any fan boy reviews please. Thanks!

    I am going to be playing BF4, COD, Assasins creed, and very high end
    its all on the graphics card hirearchy

    according to toms. its gtx 690 and hd7990 are both better than the titan in gaming

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32654-7.html


    Anonymous said:
    Best single GPU: GTX Titan
    Best Dual GPU: Debatable
    It comes down to how well games are optimized. Some games, the GTX Titan leaves even dual GPU solutions in the dust. Sometimes games scale so well it's a 1:2. Some games are more optimized for AMD than NVidia and vise versa.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_7990_Devil_13/1.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329.html

    I am going to be playing BF4, COD, Assasins creed, and very high end games. I am going to start with a single GPU and then upgrade two a 2 or 3 GPU, what would you recommend for that?
  5. shanky887614 said:
    gtx 690 or hd7990

    this is a thread about most powerful not best gaming


    I am going to eventually upgrade to adding another GPU so i would want a GTX 690? What about the devil it's supposed to be more powerful then the 690.
  6. shanky887614 said:
    gtx 690 or hd7990

    this is a thread about most powerful not best gaming


    I thought it would be the same thing? So if i want the best gaming what do i want?
  7. Best answer
    If you choose to go with the Devil13, I'd wait.
    The news showed recenly an AMD design for the dual gpu flagship. This might mean that other partners will produce even better products, so the GTX690 might get a competitor. And in all honesty, I expect the HD7990 to soundly beat the 690. But wait a while for it.
  8. azraa said:
    If you choose to go with the Devil13, I'd wait.
    The news showed recenly an AMD design for the dual gpu flagship. This might mean that other partners will produce even better products, so the GTX690 might get a competitor. And in all honesty, I expect the HD7990 to soundly beat the 690. But wait a while for it.


    okay thansks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs Nvidia Components