Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help- Which one is better:GTX 650 1GB DDR5 OR ATI RADEON 7770HD 1GB DDR5?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 30, 2013 12:56:18 AM

Guys, could you help me for buying a decent graphic card which performance is very good , No worry for power consumption.
2 graphic cards which is under my budget:
ZOTAC GTX650 1GB DDR5 or
SAPPHIRE ATI 7770 HD 1GB DDR5.
please answer your valuable feedback asap, as i'm going to purchase this on next week.
If you think ATI 7770 is better just because of its less power consumption & not for anything else then you can suggest me zotac gtx650.
March 30, 2013 1:01:46 AM

GTX 650 is slower thab 7770. 650ti and 650ti amp are faster than 7770.
Related resources
March 30, 2013 1:08:46 AM

i would go witht the 7770. you'll get better FPS in most games. though note there are still some frame latency issues in a couple games (ie borderlands 2)....and nvidia apperantly has a frame latency issue with crysis 3....though i have not experienced it myself on gtx 670's.

so if one of those games is more important to you to play right now you may want to keep that in mind. also nvidia has the bonus benefit of physx (something i prefer have than not) which is something to consider.

frame latency can make fast frame rates look choppy.
March 30, 2013 1:36:47 AM

7770 overall faster
March 31, 2013 7:41:05 AM

anort3 said:
The HD 7770 is faster in most cases.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=681



Hey thanks, I checked most of the sites, but GTX650 having more memory clock of 1071 mhz in comparison to 1000 of ati 7770.
and more memory of 5000mhz to comparision of 4500mhz of ati 7770

March 31, 2013 7:51:06 AM

atomicWAR said:
i would go witht the 7770. you'll get better FPS in most games. though note there are still some frame latency issues in a couple games (ie borderlands 2)....and nvidia apperantly has a frame latency issue with crysis 3....though i have not experienced it myself on gtx 670's.

so if one of those games is more important to you to play right now you may want to keep that in mind. also nvidia has the bonus benefit of physx (something i prefer have than not) which is something to consider.

frame latency can make fast frame rates look choppy.


Hey thanks for your supportive answer. But tell me one thing as i'm not having a gud knowledge of graphic cards. Is ATI doesn't have PHYSX or Is ATI cards doesn't give you the feel of PHYSX compare to Nvidia.
Yes, I actually want to play CRYSIS 3, TOMB RAIDER, DMC etc and want that the card is future proof atleast i can play most the games till 2015-16 having low-medium settings

March 31, 2013 7:57:23 AM

hd 7770 is faster than than gtx 650 in any games.you can easily get hd 7770 @rs 8100

donot look at those physcx really not worth in real world
March 31, 2013 7:59:29 AM

ati does not have physx....
March 31, 2013 8:11:35 AM

ASHISH65 said:
hd 7770 is faster than than gtx 650 in any games.you can easily get hd 7770 @rs 8100

donot look at those physcx really not worth in real world


Hey Ashish,
So, as per you i blindly go for ATI 7770, because i want performance rather than power consumption or anything else.
One query, If you have time to solve it, Can ATI 7770 HD support or compatible with motherboard which is GIGABYTE GA-G41M COMBO, having Intel 2.93 Ghz Core 2 Duo CPU and 4GB DDR3 RAM which I'm planning to upgrade it to 8GB.

In delhi, the price option of the particular GPU is around 7700.


March 31, 2013 8:13:16 AM

it is fully compaitable with g41 100%
March 31, 2013 8:13:43 AM

which psu you have?
March 31, 2013 8:13:43 AM

which psu you have?
March 31, 2013 8:18:34 AM

ASHISH65 said:
which psu you have?


Having a local non branded PSU of 240 w, and i also want to upgrade it to 450w because these GPU needs atleast 400-450W PSU.
suggest me some good and cheap one as i am not want to pay a single penny in these PSU hehe :D 
March 31, 2013 8:19:38 AM

seasonic, xfx, corsair or pc power and cooling are best PSU's
March 31, 2013 8:22:40 AM

atomicWAR said:
it is compatible but i advise against blindly going 7770 though it is my recommendation as well assuming you don't want or care about physx...if you do then go nvidia....here some links that show physx in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0UBtzKRUKI alice madness returns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFRLpz5mYk borderlands 2



Hey thanks, I care about PHYSX because when i feel the extra effect first time in Mafia 2 game.
I only stick to some series sort of games. not even played the games which you actually named or mentioend above.


March 31, 2013 8:22:49 AM

get corsair cxv2 430w @rs 2400
March 31, 2013 8:27:49 AM

ASHISH65 said:
get corsair cxv2 430w @rs 2400


hey are you serious, 2400 for PSU.
can i go for a non branded PSU of 500 W @ 900/- IN DELHI.
WAT YOU THINK?

March 31, 2013 8:30:36 AM

atomicWAR said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONQfbGBtitY mafia 2 physx comparions....so yeah if you want physx you need to go with the gtx 650


last, suggest me which is fuutre proof, good and have better performance and having a capability to play the game after 2 years. phyx is not my first priority. performance and future proof.

tell me?
March 31, 2013 8:31:22 AM

he is serious and if you want a stable safe PSU he is right....using a noname brand will likely harm your system in the long run if it doesn't fry it first thing. go seasonic, xfx, corsair or pc power and cooling
March 31, 2013 8:40:13 AM

no that is not 80+ certified.donot looks at watts look at +12v ratings

cxv2 430w is best choice and can handle upto hd 7850
March 31, 2013 8:44:21 AM

atomicWAR said:
he is serious and if you want a stable safe PSU he is right....using a noname brand will likely harm your system in the long run if it doesn't fry it first thing. go seasonic, xfx, corsair or pc power and cooling


ASHISH65 said:
no that is not 80+ certified.donot looks at watts look at +12v ratings

cxv2 430w is best choice and can handle upto hd 7850


what are the things which i've to keep in mind before buying any PSU.
this is in flipkart. and if i go to local dealer i've to know some basic things. please suggest me.


March 31, 2013 8:58:41 AM

ASHISH65 said:
1)mainly brands

learn from this very usefull specially about +12v

- http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-m...


very useful topic : having a little bit confusion to upgrade my RAM to 8GB in current mobo of GIGABYTE GA-G41M COMBO. Do you know, am i able to upgrade it to 8 GB (ddr3)

March 31, 2013 8:59:33 AM

atomicWAR said:
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx i find this one useful too for looking up PSUs tier 1 and 2 good 3 ok 4 bad very very bad


thanks for your useful topic, helps really well.
next time i keep in mind the useful information which i learned from this topic.
March 31, 2013 9:02:48 AM

Manish Aswal said:
ASHISH65 said:
1)mainly brands

learn from this very usefull specially about +12v

- http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-m...


very useful topic : having a little bit confusion to upgrade my RAM to 8GB in current mobo of GIGABYTE GA-G41M COMBO. Do you know, am i able to upgrade it to 8 GB (ddr3)



http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
yes 8gb of ddr 3 1333 is possible and max ram your board accepts
March 31, 2013 9:07:26 AM

haaaa we are very fast at posting
March 31, 2013 9:14:36 AM

back on topic is there anything else we can help you with?
March 31, 2013 9:20:10 AM

If you get the ghz version of the 7770, you can oc it. Also, it is generally better than the 650 (but sometimes, AMD silicon is just bad and does not perform like it should). If you want better drivers, I would suggest Nvidias any day, but from the looks of it, you would want more performance per dollar, in which AMD is the best choice.
March 31, 2013 9:23:08 AM

neodymium said:
If you get the ghz version of the 7770, you can oc it. Also, it is generally better than the 650 (but sometimes, AMD silicon is just bad and does not perform like it should). If you want better drivers, I would suggest Nvidias any day, but from the looks of it, you would want more performance per dollar, in which AMD is the best choice.


yeah but he is now leaning toward physx support as he wants it in mafia 2...we all suggest a few different types of boards :) 
March 31, 2013 9:24:30 AM

atomicWAR said:
back on topic is there anything else we can help you with?


thanks to both of you, both of you guys really help me a lot and for now i'm pretty much sure that i'll build a good system.
if i'll need some help will disturb you soon.
thanks once again.
so atlast i think i can go for ATI 7770 having good performance.
March 31, 2013 9:26:01 AM

i have best idea donot buy 4gb ram now as you will save rs 2000 so you can get gtx 650ti at rs 9700 + physicx support and faster than hd 7770
March 31, 2013 9:28:48 AM

Manish Aswal said:
atomicWAR said:
back on topic is there anything else we can help you with?


thanks to both of you, both of you guys really help me a lot and for now i'm pretty much sure that i'll build a good system.
if i'll need some help will disturb you soon.
thanks once again.
so atlast i think i can go for ATI 7770 having good performance.

cool beans but remember 7770 does not do physx only nvida cards do...i only bring it up cause you said you wanted physx for mafia 2?
March 31, 2013 9:31:49 AM

neodymium said:
If you get the ghz version of the 7770, you can oc it. Also, it is generally better than the 650 (but sometimes, AMD silicon is just bad and does not perform like it should). If you want better drivers, I would suggest Nvidias any day, but from the looks of it, you would want more performance per dollar, in which AMD is the best choice.


What is OC version. how it perform or how it is different from normal 7770. Is is expensive than normal 7770

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...
March 31, 2013 9:32:56 AM

Manish Aswal said:
neodymium said:
If you get the ghz version of the 7770, you can oc it. Also, it is generally better than the 650 (but sometimes, AMD silicon is just bad and does not perform like it should). If you want better drivers, I would suggest Nvidias any day, but from the looks of it, you would want more performance per dollar, in which AMD is the best choice.


What is OC version. how it perform or how it is different from normal 7770. Is is expensive than normal 7770

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...


Oc mean overclock...it runs faster then a stock model.
March 31, 2013 9:34:07 AM

ASHISH65 said:
i have best idea donot buy 4gb ram now as you will save rs 2000 so you can get gtx 650ti at rs 9700 + physicx support and faster than hd 7770


Having a budget of Rs. 10,000 MAX, including i have to buy a PSU earleir told you that currently having a 240w non branded PSU.
NEED A OVERALL GOOD PERFORMANCE SYSTEM THAT'S WHY I WANT TO UPGRADE MY RAM TOO
March 31, 2013 9:36:37 AM

atomicWAR said:
Manish Aswal said:
neodymium said:
If you get the ghz version of the 7770, you can oc it. Also, it is generally better than the 650 (but sometimes, AMD silicon is just bad and does not perform like it should). If you want better drivers, I would suggest Nvidias any day, but from the looks of it, you would want more performance per dollar, in which AMD is the best choice.


What is OC version. how it perform or how it is different from normal 7770. Is is expensive than normal 7770

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...


Oc mean overclock...it runs faster then a stock model.


Ya, I know OC full form is overclock, but how they perform, and stock model is the base model which we're taling about 7770hd, is the OC model is expensive than the stock/base model

March 31, 2013 9:49:06 AM

yes usually but not always you can find deals...they add about 10% performance for a 10% overclock...or what ever the overclock percent is.
March 31, 2013 9:53:12 AM

atomicWAR said:
yes usually but not always you can find deals...they add about 10% performance for a 10% overclock...or what ever the overclock percent is.


currently i'm having 9500GT which is too old, but i'd play all the games from this GPU for the past 3 years, not after crysis 3 supports dx11 and i'm unable to play that game, i need a gpu who will able to play the games in next 2-3 years

March 31, 2013 9:57:48 AM

the 7770 and gtx 650 will play games now and decent setting...as we mentioned before...if you want physx for mafia two you have to go with nvidia...if you don't want physx the 7770 is a slightly faster card. if you could afford the gtx 650 ti that would beat the 7770. at this point its up to you to decide what you want more.
March 31, 2013 10:14:35 AM

atomicWAR said:
the 7770 and gtx 650 will play games now and decent setting...as we mentioned before...if you want physx for mafia two you have to go with nvidia...if you don't want physx the 7770 is a slightly faster card. if you could afford the gtx 650 ti that would beat the 7770. at this point its up to you to decide what you want more.


okey.
i mean to say that, i'll already experienced mafia 2 physx technology after played mafia 2 last year. i love phyx technology, but as 7770 is slightly higher end than gtx650 as you guys told me earlier.i'll go for 7770 hd
but in every sites if you check it out, gtx650 specification is much greater the 7770 hd. why ?
March 31, 2013 10:14:35 AM

atomicWAR said:
the 7770 and gtx 650 will play games now and decent setting...as we mentioned before...if you want physx for mafia two you have to go with nvidia...if you don't want physx the 7770 is a slightly faster card. if you could afford the gtx 650 ti that would beat the 7770. at this point its up to you to decide what you want more.


okey.
i mean to say that, i'll already experienced mafia 2 physx technology after played mafia 2 last year. i love phyx technology, but as 7770 is slightly higher end than gtx650 as you guys told me earlier.i'll go for 7770 hd
but in every sites if you check it out, gtx650 specification is much greater the 7770 hd. why ?
March 31, 2013 10:16:23 AM

specs never matter.never judge gpu by specs.bench is important

-
!