Solved

PSU Help please

19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu
  1. Dont buy that psu, you want something that is 80 plus certified. And it is safer to go with more reputable brands such as Corsair / Seasonic / Antec / XFX
  2. please suggest one not too expensive from pc world only.
  3. tenaciousk said:
    Dont by that psu, you want something that is 80 plus certified. And it is safer to go with more reputable brands such as Corsair / Seasonic / Antec / XFX


    +1

    you'll end up frying your system or shorting its life by a lot with that PSU....tenaciousk is correct on the brands buy one of those.
  4. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/corsair-builder-series-cx500-atx-psu-500-w-19736920-pdt.html is cheapest on on site i would buy that is capable of powering your GPU and cpu set up
  5. OPP said:
    atomicWAR said:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/corsair-builder-series-cx500-atx-psu-500-w-19736920-pdt.html is cheapest on on site i would buy that is capable of powering your GPU and cpu set up


    this how good?

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/ocz-corexstream-csx500w-uk-atx-psu-500-w-15050623-pdt.html


    i saw and did not include for a reason. i don't suggest you get that supply.
  6. I don't find OCZ's CoreXStream series listed in the Tiered Power Supply List, but some of OCZ's product lines are in Tier 4, so I wouldn't trust it.
  7. guyz find me a good psu within £50 pc world
    as i need today buy it from shop not online
  8. OPP said:


    and where did you find it as a tier 3? plz link or i don't beleive it.
  9. Best answer
    You want a dedicated single volt rail. That OCZ does not have that, nor is it 80+ certified (means that it's higher efficiency and will draw less power at load from your wall, actually saving you money in the long run). The Corsair CX series as suggested is a fine economy-grade PSU that will give you years of good service. If you can afford 50, you can afford 55.

    As someone who has been building gaming PCs for over 15 years, take it from me: do NOT go cheap on your power supply! Not only do you risk damaging your components with voltage spikes with a cheaply made power supply, but you risk a potential fire in your case (or room) as well.
  10. OPP said:
    guyz find me a good psu within £50 pc world
    as i need today buy it from shop not online


    you asked us to look but the fact is we did show you what they had that is decent quality. just because you don't like what we are saying doesn't make it less true. the corsair i link IS the lowest i would go quality wise on PC world
  11. 10tacle said:
    You want a dedicated single volt rail. That OCZ does not have that, nor is it 80+ certified (means that it's higher efficiency and will draw less power at load from your wall, actually saving you money in the long run). The Corsair CX series as suggested is a fine economy-grade PSU that will give you years of good service. If you can afford 50, you can afford 60.

    As someone who has been building gaming PCs for over 15 years, take it from me: do NOT go cheap on your power supply! Not only do you risk damaging your components with voltage spikes with a cheaply made power supply, but you risk a potential fire in your case (or room) as well.



    Alright

    I will go for CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 ATX PSU - 430 W
    its in my budget

    Thanks all
  12. OPP said:
    10tacle said:
    You want a dedicated single volt rail. That OCZ does not have that, nor is it 80+ certified (means that it's higher efficiency and will draw less power at load from your wall, actually saving you money in the long run). The Corsair CX series as suggested is a fine economy-grade PSU that will give you years of good service. If you can afford 50, you can afford 60.

    As someone who has been building gaming PCs for over 15 years, take it from me: do NOT go cheap on your power supply! Not only do you risk damaging your components with voltage spikes with a cheaply made power supply, but you risk a potential fire in your case (or room) as well.



    Alright

    I will go for CORSAIRBuilder Series CX430 ATX PSU - 430 W
    its in my budget


    problem with doing that is your video card requires a 500watt supply.
  13. atomicWAR said:
    OPP said:
    10tacle said:
    You want a dedicated single volt rail. That OCZ does not have that, nor is it 80+ certified (means that it's higher efficiency and will draw less power at load from your wall, actually saving you money in the long run). The Corsair CX series as suggested is a fine economy-grade PSU that will give you years of good service. If you can afford 50, you can afford 60.

    As someone who has been building gaming PCs for over 15 years, take it from me: do NOT go cheap on your power supply! Not only do you risk damaging your components with voltage spikes with a cheaply made power supply, but you risk a potential fire in your case (or room) as well.



    Alright

    I will go for CORSAIRBuilder Series CX430 ATX PSU - 430 W
    its in my budget


    problem with doing that is your video card requires a 500watt supply.



    nope

    i5 3570 95w
    gtx670 175w
    others max 75w
    i will be just about safe, i belive

    :D ;):)
  14. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop/geforce-gtx-670/specifications

    thats not what nvida says ;) 500watt minimum. you really risk frying your rig doing that. pushing a power supply to far is as bad as getting a bad one.


    aslo rated wattage is not what it is capable of extended draw and is only under ideal situations.
  15. atomicWAR said:


    GFX manufacturers always over spc requirements since lot of users use picos

    branded psus do true watt so in real life one can do with 400 even when ati/nvidia says 600

    my system will not pull over 300watt even when overclocked

    total system consumption will not exceed 260watt considering 85 bronze

    But ya the ocz isnt a good psu aparently from the replies

    Cheers :)
  16. OPP said:
    atomicWAR said:


    GFX manufacturers always over spc requirements since lot of users use picos

    branded psus do true watt so in real life one can do with 400 even when ati/nvidia says 600

    my system will not pull over 300watt even when overclocked

    total system consumption will not exceed 260watt considering 85 bronze

    But ya the ocz isnt a good psu aparently from the replies

    Cheers :)


    good luck with that! don't say i didn't warn you. your not taking into account for capacitor wear, PSU sysstem life, fans, ram, hard drives, dvd trays....the fact the plenty of noobs say exactly what your saying as advice and end up frying other peoples rigs. ( i have read the posts going exactly like that)i been doing this for 20 years. you can not believe me if you like but do so at your own risk.
  17. atomicWAR said:
    OPP said:
    atomicWAR said:


    GFX manufacturers always over spc requirements since lot of users use picos

    branded psus do true watt so in real life one can do with 400 even when ati/nvidia says 600

    my system will not pull over 300watt even when overclocked

    total system consumption will not exceed 260watt considering 85 bronze

    But ya the ocz isnt a good psu aparently from the replies

    Cheers :)


    good luck with that! don't say i didn't warn you. your not taking into account for capacitor wear, PSU sysstem life, fans, ram, hard drives, dvd trays....the fact the plenty of noobs say exactly what your saying as advice and end up frying other peoples rigs. ( i have read the posts going exactly like that)i been doing this for 20 years. you can not believe me if you like but do so at your own risk.


    LOLz

    Thnx
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Intel i5 Motherboards