2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Medium-High resolution, preferably high. Feel free to post a bit more expensive laptops if they have 1080 for a good price.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop
I'd like it to be somewhat portable, but performance takes priority for sure(see next question).
5. How much battery life do you need?
I would like a couple hours if possible.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
DragonAge3(High), PlanetSide2(low-medium), DayZ(medium).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gimp-like program(s) maybe and Browsing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough for a few games at a time at least
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I know someone with a student discount at amazon, but I don't know how likely it is that they'll have my laptop, so, no pressure.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years or more.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Those are not that necessary if at all.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Avoid Mac, obviously. I don't see the logic in brand loyalty.
13. What country do you live in?
United States of America
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I know some of my wants are pretty high considering my price range. These are simply the best case scenario.