Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor better than 3770k.

Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
March 30, 2013 6:29:57 PM

How much of a overclock would it take a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black to be better than a i7 3770K out the box? Is it even possible? That excludes a 1000$ water cooling system.
a c 129 K Overclocking
a c 126 À AMD
a c 204 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 6:36:00 PM

Not even remotely possibly. There are just to many factors that make the 3770K better and just plain modern.

Why? Are you competing with someone?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a c 175 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 6:38:27 PM

not really, my x6 at 3.7ghz loses to my bro in laws 2600k at stock, its alot closer than my stock clock of 2.8ghz, but i could be wrong, but the x4 965 for its price is a nice buy compared to a $300 i7. The only overclocked amd cpus that can reach the i7 in majority of apps would be a 6300, and of course the 8350 and thats close without an overclock. In games then i7 is like the i5 where the 8350 competes with, and a 6300 with an oc comes near the 8350 performance
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
March 30, 2013 6:38:39 PM

Novuake said:
Not even remotely possibly. There are just to many factors that make the 3770K better and just plain modern.

Why? Are you competing with someone?


No, i just don't understand overclocking. How about the fx-8350?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 129 K Overclocking
a c 126 À AMD
a c 204 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 6:44:47 PM

Anonymous said:
Novuake said:
Not even remotely possibly. There are just to many factors that make the 3770K better and just plain modern.

Why? Are you competing with someone?


No, i just don't understand overclocking. How about the fx-8350?


Overclocking can give you at most a 20% real world improvement.

The FX8350 needs a bit of an OC to come up to the I7. Unfortunately to do it the 8350 uses more than 3 times the power and gererates A LOT more heat. Spending money on that cooling, you may as well just buy the better CPU.
Share
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
March 30, 2013 6:48:11 PM

More like double the power but you get the point
m
0
l
a c 129 K Overclocking
a c 126 À AMD
a c 204 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 6:55:44 PM

stickmansam said:
More like double the power but you get the point


Considering single core +HT performance VS 2 modules(1 core). More than double. :D 
m
0
l
!