fx 4300 quad core?

zzoap

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
hi guys
ive read about fx 4100 not being a true quad core cpu,..
my question, is the 4300 a true quad core cpu?

Solution
The 4300 follow the same architecture/design as the 4100. In a sense both ARE quad cores but 2 cores share resources that are not often used(that is the idea).

IF an app or game is written to utilize the FX architecture, then a 4300 or 4100 can perform close to or the same as other quad cores. unfortunately the architecture is not that easy to code for and many developers avoid optimizing for it.

So its not a simple yes or no answer. Its closer to yes, the 4100 and 4300 are quad cores. NOTE CLOSER TO IT. LOL
The 4300 follow the same architecture/design as the 4100. In a sense both ARE quad cores but 2 cores share resources that are not often used(that is the idea).

IF an app or game is written to utilize the FX architecture, then a 4300 or 4100 can perform close to or the same as other quad cores. unfortunately the architecture is not that easy to code for and many developers avoid optimizing for it.

So its not a simple yes or no answer. Its closer to yes, the 4100 and 4300 are quad cores. NOTE CLOSER TO IT. LOL

Solution

CDdude55

Distinguished
Depends what you consider a "true" quad core chip to be, i remember back in the Phenom I days where AMD was crticizing Intel's QX6700 and was stating the same thing because it was basically two Core 2 Duo packages on a single die and AMD was touting a ground up quad core design. Yet performance was still in Intels favor.

If it has four cores on a die, then i consider it a quad core there is no such thing as true or false quad core. You can argue design choices, but by definition the FX 4000 line of chips are quad cores.

TRENDING THREADS