Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Replacing a laptop's screen with a higher resolution one

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 31, 2013 12:12:29 PM

Hello there. I recently got a Zoostorm laptop (http://www.ebuyer.com/411061-zoostorm-laptop-7873-9042) and while the specs are amazing for the price, the screen is quite low resolution.
I do programming, and so will often have lots of code on my screen, and IDEs which take up a lot of space. The 1366x768 screen is nice, however is quite low resolution for what I need it for.
I was wondering if anyone knew which screen connector this has (if it is standard, I have little knowledge in this area) and where I could get a new display from.
I have used 1440x900 displays before, and these always seemed quite good. I have done soldering before, so this should not be a problem.
March 31, 2013 12:47:36 PM

I'm not sure you can replace the laptop's screen with a higher resolution one, but I do know that you can get a monitor and just attach it via whatever video out port your laptop has.
m
0
l
March 31, 2013 1:17:57 PM

make sure that the connectors are the same and the monitor dimensions are the same
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
March 31, 2013 1:45:09 PM

I dont think anyone actually sells plain panels to consumers and also compatibility is going to be a major issue if you scavange one from some other lappy (physical dimensions, mounting, cabling etc).

Norlag pointed out the obvious solution, external screen, get proper keyboard as well and you can use it like a desktop machine :D 
Share
March 31, 2013 2:03:45 PM

Kari said:
I dont think anyone actually sells plain panels to consumers and also compatibility is going to be a major issue if you scavange one from some other lappy (physical dimensions, mounting, cabling etc).

Norlag pointed out the obvious solution, external screen, get proper keyboard as well and you can use it like a desktop machine :D 


Hmm... I think I might just buy an external monitor. I have a Das Keyboard (http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/) which is very nice, so it might be a good option.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 31, 2013 2:38:00 PM

thatperson said:

I have a Das Keyboard (http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/) which is very nice, so it might be a good option.

well that does look nice, not sure I could use one with blank keys thou :lol: 
m
0
l
April 1, 2013 1:07:51 AM

Kari said:
thatperson said:

I have a Das Keyboard (http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/) which is very nice, so it might be a good option.

well that does look nice, not sure I could use one with blank keys thou :lol: 


Eventually you get used to it, as you begin to associate the positions of the keys with the travel between them. It was probably one of my better investments, as I can type much faster than before I got it.
m
0
l
!