Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help in looking for a new gaming graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 31, 2013 11:01:39 PM

Specs
-ECS h61h2-m12
-Intel i3-2100 @ 3.10 Ghz
-4 Gb RAM
-1 TB HDD
-Nvidia GT210 (too old and slow)

Well i'm 15, and doesnt know anything about compatibilities and I need help in choosing a new graphics card for my computer at least $200 or less (lesser is better im on a budget). Can you help me choose....I want to play BF3, Borderlands 2, MW3, Bioshock: Infinite,Tomb Raider 2013 and Batman at least in high with no lag...Thanks in advance....:D  (Edit: Also the upcoming BattleField 4 and Crysis 3 :p )

More about : gaming graphics card

a b 4 Gaming
a c 180 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
March 31, 2013 11:12:19 PM

hd 7850 2gb is best for you if you have good psu
or
gtx 650ti 2gb + corsair cxv2 430w psu
m
0
l
Related resources
March 31, 2013 11:55:26 PM

ASHISH65 said:
hd 7850 2gb is best for you if you have good psu
or
gtx 650ti 2gb + corsair cxv2 430w psu

Well I have a powerlogic 550w power supply...can that power supply handle those.....and BTW which one between those is better? (sorry for too many questions)...I have another problem, my cpu casing is a bit small so i can only put graphics cards at up to 9.5 in only..
m
0
l
April 1, 2013 5:11:34 AM

bill9803 said:
Based on your budget, I would recommend GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB or AMD HD 7790 card. The former is just released. You don't need to upgrade PSU for such mid-end video cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Well Im thinking of having the GTX 650 ti BOOST or the HD 7850..Which one do you think is better?..Another question...will it fit in my computer case as what i have said it can only acquire 5.5 inch cards...Tnx in advance....

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2013 7:49:05 AM

MeGusta said:
bill9803 said:
Based on your budget, I would recommend GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB or AMD HD 7790 card. The former is just released. You don't need to upgrade PSU for such mid-end video cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Well Im thinking of having the GTX 650 ti BOOST or the HD 7850..Which one do you think is better?..Another question...will it fit in my computer case as what i have said it can only acquire 5.5 inch cards...Tnx in advance....



What kind of computer case can only accommodate a 5.5" long card? As long as it's not a slim-tower, the best you can do is a GTX 650Ti for $130 - and you'll be playing most newer games on Medium.

Also, see if you can take a picture of your PC with the side panel off and upload it - then link it here.
m
0
l
April 1, 2013 11:57:57 PM

jessterman21 said:
MeGusta said:
bill9803 said:
Based on your budget, I would recommend GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB or AMD HD 7790 card. The former is just released. You don't need to upgrade PSU for such mid-end video cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Well Im thinking of having the GTX 650 ti BOOST or the HD 7850..Which one do you think is better?..Another question...will it fit in my computer case as what i have said it can only acquire 5.5 inch cards...Tnx in advance....



What kind of computer case can only accommodate a 5.5" long card? As long as it's not a slim-tower, the best you can do is a GTX 650Ti for $130 - and you'll be playing most newer games on Medium.

Also, see if you can take a picture of your PC with the side panel off and upload it - then link it here.

Well my mistake here (typo),Sorry, Its 9.5 inches..:p 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
April 2, 2013 5:00:25 AM

Then definitely the GTX 650 Ti Boost or HD 7850 - both have about the same performance, make sure you get one with 2GB VRAM. Probably the GTX because it's cheaper and has some nice features. But the HD 7850 does come with 2 games.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 U Graphics card
April 2, 2013 5:22:34 AM

If you don't already have Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Crysis 3;

getting an AMD 7800 series card will give you Tomb Raider and Bioshock for free, so you save on buying those 2 games and can spend the savings on an even better AMD card.

Or if you get a 7950 (can be had for $300) you get Bioshock and Crysis 3 for free and you save on those games likewise.

But if you already have those games you should be better off with a GTX 650 Ti Boost

m
0
l
April 2, 2013 5:32:47 AM

huilun02 said:
If you don't already have Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Crysis 3;

getting an AMD 7800 series card will give you Tomb Raider and Bioshock for free, so you save on buying those 2 games and can spend the savings on an even better AMD card.

Or if you get a 7950 (can be had for $300) you get Bioshock and Crysis 3 for free and you save on those games likewise.

But if you already have those games you should be better off with a GTX 650 Ti Boost


Well I dont have both so I might get the hd 7850 for that......Thanks for the tip..:) ...And Thank you all for helping me decide.:p ....oh,another one last question will it fit in my cpu casing?

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
April 2, 2013 6:22:28 AM

MeGusta said:
huilun02 said:
If you don't already have Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Crysis 3;

getting an AMD 7800 series card will give you Tomb Raider and Bioshock for free, so you save on buying those 2 games and can spend the savings on an even better AMD card.

Or if you get a 7950 (can be had for $300) you get Bioshock and Crysis 3 for free and you save on those games likewise.

But if you already have those games you should be better off with a GTX 650 Ti Boost


Well I dont have both so I might get the hd 7850 for that......Thanks for the tip..:) ...And Thank you all for helping me decide.:p ....oh,another one last question will it fit in my computer case?



Yes - most of both types of card are plenty short enough. I have my eye on this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Pretty sure I'll be selling my HD 6870 and buying this one with the money.
m
1
l
!