Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I5-3570 vs i5-3570k; HD7850 vs GTX650TI - Money matter

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 2, 2013 7:39:05 PM

Is the 3570k so much better?
The price difference between both cpus is U$ 33.00, pending to the unlocked.

#Price Table:
i5-3570 : U$ 222.00
i5-3570K: U$ 255.00

Before someone asks: no, there's no cheaper version or, at least, is very far away. I live in a country with high taxes, one of the highest of the world, and those prices I could surely call a "found".
-----
About the video boards, I am undecided which to buy: a SAPPHIRE HD7850 or a GIGABYTE GTX650 TI.

#Price Table:
SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB DDR5 DUAL-X: U$ 235.00
GIGABYTE GTX650TI OC DDR5 2GB: U$ 186.00
-----
Taking advantage of the topic, going to post below my new computer specs, so, therefore, you can see if I am doing it right.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V [U$75.00]
PSU: CORSAIR 600W CMPSU- 600G [U$118.00]
HD: SEAGATE 7200RPM 32MB SATA3 1TB [U$69.50]

Thanks for the help!
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2013 7:49:45 PM

The 7850 kills the 650ti. For the i5, the only difference is overclocking, which is your call.

EDIT: Sorry, meant the 650 ti.
m
0
l
a c 95 à CPUs
April 2, 2013 7:53:29 PM

How expensive is an i5-3350p for you?

It would be much much better to downgrade your processor and get a more powerful graphics card.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2013 7:56:13 PM

B75 chipset can't overclock so no need for the "K" CPU

The 7850 is a lot faster than the 650ti OC so grab the 7850 with the saved cash on the CPU
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 8:08:29 PM

DarkSable said:
How expensive is an i5-3350p for you?

It would be much much better to downgrade your processor and get a more powerful graphics card.


There's no 3350p in the charts that I am looking, just 3330; however, the difference between mine and this last is about U$ 15.00, thus, I think, my pick is better.




m
0
l
a c 95 à CPUs
April 2, 2013 8:19:18 PM

odinfall said:
There's no 3350p in the charts that I am looking, just 3330; however, the difference between mine and this last is about U$ 15.00, thus, I think, my pick is better.



If it's that little, then yeah, go with the 3570k.
m
0
l
a c 81 à CPUs
April 2, 2013 8:19:47 PM

get a 3570 ( non k ) and 7850. Skip overclocking. It usually adds at least $60+ to US builds.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2013 8:20:12 PM

Like Spawnkiller said, "K" series are for overclocking so, get the one without "K" for your B75 chipset mobo.

With a little tweak, ur system can be much better.

1) Since you are not going to O/C ur CPU or GPU, get lower power PSU. 420W should be enough for the system and remember, the PSU work most efficient on their 40%~80% of the load and oversizing it will cost u more on monthly electricity bills.

2) If you are aiming for decent gaming PC and CPU the price different is much, you can consider downgrade to i5 3550.

3) Use the money u saved from the above and upgrade ur graphic card to 7870LE and u will see the significant increase in graphic muscle.

4) For the RAM, just go for 1600MHz and max 8GB coz even if u get the faster ones with tight timing or bigger capacity, u won't see much (except maybe 1 or 2 FPS) in gaming.

Hope these helps u on building ur pc.
m
0
l
April 3, 2013 10:46:43 AM

ttcboy said:
Like Spawnkiller said, "K" series are for overclocking so, get the one without "K" for your B75 chipset mobo.

With a little tweak, ur system can be much better.

1) Since you are not going to O/C ur CPU or GPU, get lower power PSU. 420W should be enough for the system and remember, the PSU work most efficient on their 40%~80% of the load and oversizing it will cost u more on monthly electricity bills.

2) If you are aiming for decent gaming PC and CPU the price different is much, you can consider downgrade to i5 3550.

3) Use the money u saved from the above and upgrade ur graphic card to 7870LE and u will see the significant increase in graphic muscle.

4) For the RAM, just go for 1600MHz and max 8GB coz even if u get the faster ones with tight timing or bigger capacity, u won't see much (except maybe 1 or 2 FPS) in gaming.

Hope these helps u on building ur pc.


Thanks for your help =)

1) So, I've found some psus that may do the job, but I don't know which's better.
#CORSAIR 430W CX430 (B) | 85.00
#CORSAIR 430W CX430 (E) | 88.00
#REAL PIXO PW-400 400W | 35.50
#REAL SATELLITE 545K8 24PINOS 400W | 33.00

2) The difference between them is 3 dollars..

3) Will it really be necessary? These are the options that I have:
#GIGABYTE HD7870 1100M DDR5 2GB | 300.00
#XFX HD7870 1000M DDR5 CNFC 2GB | 300.00

4) Gonna go with this tip more later. I have some spare ram here (4gb corsair), so don't need to worry for now..
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 3, 2013 5:23:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your help =)

1) So, I've found some psus that may do the job, but I don't know which's better.
#CORSAIR 430W CX430 (B) | 85.00
#CORSAIR 430W CX430 (E) | 88.00
#REAL PIXO PW-400 400W | 35.50
#REAL SATELLITE 545K8 24PINOS 400W | 33.00

2) The difference between them is 3 dollars..

3) Will it really be necessary? These are the options that I have:
#GIGABYTE HD7870 1100M DDR5 2GB | 300.00
#XFX HD7870 1000M DDR5 CNFC 2GB | 300.00

4) Gonna go with this tip more later. I have some spare ram here (4gb corsair), so don't need to worry for now..


I'm sorry that i mentioned 420W coz it's a typo :)  it suppose to be 520W.

You will need the PSU with either 2xPCI-E 6pin or 1xPCI-E 6pin + 1xPCI-E 6+2pin to support your card. Brand wise, I personally am using corsair and satisfied with the quality. Other brands like SeaSonic, Antec & OCZ are good brands as well.

For the graphic card wise, I'm more pro to XFX coz i've been using it on my previous builts and never had an issue. If you can find 7870 Tahati LE version (only PowerColor have it at the moment if i'm not wrong) and the cost difference is not that much like $5~10, it's worth the extra money because you are getting the performance quite close to 7950.

m
0
l
!