Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

EVGA GTX680 4gb FTW vs Normal 4gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 2, 2013 10:09:44 PM

So my question is, what's the difference between the two, and which one is worth getting?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-368...

vs

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-268...

As far as I know it's just clock speeds. Is there a difference in PCB? Air cooling? Water Cooling capabilities/accessible water blocks?
Any other major differences?

In my case, the price difference is $50. Is the FTW worth the extra $50?
Related resources
April 2, 2013 10:25:48 PM

What monitor are you using?

if you're only using 1080p, then the 4GB doesn't give you ANY benefit.
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:29:35 PM

This is true, but for some future proofing and its only 10 dollars more
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:35:33 PM

I just want my question answered. I'm using high resolution of 57x1080 @120hz.

The question is, what is the difference.
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:38:24 PM

If you mean 5760x1080 I believe the 4GB would be the best choice, Higher RAM is best for higher resolutions as the higher the resolution you go the more graphics RAM is necessary for display
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:42:15 PM

patrick47018 said:
If you mean 5760x1080 I believe the 4GB would be the best choice, Higher RAM is best for higher resolutions as the higher the resolution you go the more graphics RAM is necessary for display


Both GTX 680's are 4gb models. Please, all I want to know is what is the difference between the two graphics cards I stated above. I don't care for other models, those are the two I'm choosing between.

Thank you :) 
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:44:09 PM

680 FTW just has slightly higher clock speeds, you could overclock either one yourself quite easily.
m
0
l
April 2, 2013 10:46:02 PM

patrick47018 said:
680 FTW just has slightly higher clock speeds, you could overclock either one yourself quite easily.


What about other factors. Are they using the same PCB? Are they both using vapor chamber cooling, are they also both exhaust cooling?
m
0
l

Best solution

April 2, 2013 10:50:51 PM

They both have blower style coolers which pushes the hot air out the back of the case, Although the FTW seems to have larger holes in the metal plate to allow for more airflow as it probably produces a bit more heat and it is the best choice for overclocking, the normal 680 has two 6 pin power connectors while the FTW has one 6 pin and one 8 pin, If you are going to leave them stock, and need the 50 dollars get the regular, if you wanna overclock and or just don't care if you spend 50 more dollars, go for the FTW.
Share
April 2, 2013 10:58:33 PM

patrick47018 said:
They both have blower style coolers which pushes the hot air out the back of the case, Although the FTW seems to have larger holes in the metal plate to allow for more airflow as it probably produces a bit more heat and it is the best choice for overclocking, the normal 680 has two 6 pin power connectors while the FTW has one 6 pin and one 8 pin, If you are going to leave them stock, and need the 50 dollars get the regular, if you wanna overclock and or just don't care if you spend 50 more dollars, go for the FTW.


Thanks heaps :D 
m
0
l
!