7850 Running too hot?

rawr69

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Well my friend just got a 7850 and it peaks around 80 c underload and once hit 83 c is this temperature safe? Its a XFX Ghost 7850 single fan no OC.

Psu:600w Corsair

G

hmm could you send a picture of your pc?

do you have any case fans?

maybe you PC is not getting enough cool air...try adding some case fans and maybe changing the GPU cooling fan, like i did yesterday :D
i have a EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB and i changed the stock fan to a Accelero Twin Turbo II and the results are AWESOME!

barto

Expert
Ambassador
While graphic cards have the ability to run hot without damage, it's best to to try and retain lower temperatures. You shouldn't have any damage from 80C. But it is a little warm for that card. I agree with MrBanger. A picture would be nice as well as adding some fans.

rawr69

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

Ill try to take some pics later but it's a very small or small HP case that he decided to add a new gfx card in. Any recommendations for fans on the gpu? And he has on fan that came with the comp I think it's a 80mm and not a 120mm on the bottom back of the case and its an exhaust. So an intake on the side panel should help? Or another exhaust?

Thank you both for your replies.

MrBanger

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
as i told i bought the Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II and its CHEAP and work like i don't know what, i don't hear it even when the fan runs 80%
and it cools twice as better then the stock cooler...

about the case fans i cant tell you exactly what to add and where i first have to take a look at the case,what case do you use?
and it would be great if you post some pictures to us :)

rawr69

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

http://

Thats his case he wont be back for a day or so, so if this isnt enough ill take pictures of his case then and reopen this thread. And how long is that cooler for the gfx card? many sites refer to different sizes since i believe the gfx card is only 6.5 to 7.5 inches.