Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

£500 Amazing Budget Gaming Build Advice

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 3, 2013 4:38:55 AM

I have got 500 pounds to spend on a new computer, I already have an OS and monitor. Also I have a CiT 550u Series 550w PSU.
It would be used for gaming but the screen is maxed at resolution 1600x900. All the parts are bought on amazon.co.cuk
CPU: i5 2320 130£
MOBO: ASUS P8B75M-LX 50£
GPU: HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 95£
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz 40£
HDD: 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 55£
SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 Series 90£
CASE: Aerocool Strike X One Advance 30£
WIRELESS CARD: ASUS 150 MB/s 10£

Total Cost £500
April 3, 2013 4:44:45 AM

I'd spend a bit more and get an IB i5. Everything else looks fine.
April 3, 2013 4:47:53 AM

CiT psu? never heard of it. prolly not a quality psu. get a xfx 550.
Related resources
April 3, 2013 4:49:17 AM

Your video card is weak; try this.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.94)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£64.99)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£57.44)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£75.29)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.42)
Total: £513.02
April 3, 2013 4:58:14 AM

ARICH5 said:
CiT psu? never heard of it. prolly not a quality psu. get a xfx 550.


It was the one I used in my old PC and it worked fine.
April 3, 2013 5:00:53 AM

zrobbb said:
Your video card is weak; try this.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.94)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£64.99)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£57.44)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£75.29)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.42)
Total: £513.02


Like I said the monitor doesn't do 1080p so the games won't be as demanding on the graphics card. What about RAM here you suggest 4gb instead of 8, any reason? Also I will be downloading ALOT of movies and music so the 1tb hdd is a must for me.
April 3, 2013 5:03:40 AM

alecj said:
zrobbb said:
Your video card is weak; try this.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.94)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£64.99)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£57.44)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£75.29)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.42)
Total: £513.02


Like I said the monitor doesn't do 1080p so the games won't be as demanding on the graphics card. What about RAM here you suggest 4gb instead of 8, any reason? Also I will be downloading ALOT of movies and music so the 1tb hdd is a must for me.


Ah with that in mind then, simply replace the 500Gb drive for a 1Tb, keep the 7850, it will benefit you if ever move up to 1080p, and it really is not much more expensive than the 7770. 8Gb is not used in games, and if you are not video editing, 3d modelling etc then 8 is not really needed. RAM is very cheap so if you need to you can buy more.
April 3, 2013 5:13:02 AM

AS for the RAM the mobo only has two slots for ram so the suggested ram would leave no room for upgrade.
Say i found another 50£ should I upgrade the CPU or the GPU
!