Best $130 Monitor

XC Runner

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I will be using it mainly for homework and web browsing and some gaming. I won't need to do any editing or anything, so the color reproduction doesn't seem like it will be too important. I can stretch my budget to about $150 if it will make a big difference.

I am hoping for a 23" or 24" monitor. Should be 1920x1080 and 5ms or better. I don't think the brightness will be too important. I also don't need 3D or TV receivers or touchscreen or anything. Speakers would be a plus but not vital. I was wondering how important the contrast ratio is and which of the ratios I should look at.

I am hoping to go to Fry's and pick one up today. I was looking at this one: http://www.frys.com/product/7279933

Any recommendations? I am not at all set on the one I have, but it seemed like a good starting point to give an idea of what I'm looking at.

By the way, I'm building the computer right now. No GPU, i5 3570k build-in graphics (Intel HD 4000).

Solution
All depends on the particular sale on the particular day, at a particular store.
Couple of months ago, I got 2 x HP ZR22w IPS monitors and a killer 2 wide stand for $260.

If you're buying tonight, go to the store, and see which one looks best to your eyes.

USAFRet

Titan
All depends on the particular sale on the particular day, at a particular store.
Couple of months ago, I got 2 x HP ZR22w IPS monitors and a killer 2 wide stand for $260.

If you're buying tonight, go to the store, and see which one looks best to your eyes.

Solution

Kjwinden

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Mine wasn't used or refurbished. I'd also advise against making purchases when you have to have them now. Do your research, find a good deal on a good monitor- be patient. Whenever I make purchases like you want to I end up regretting it 100% of the time.