Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD Radeon HD7670M extremely poor performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 3, 2013 9:03:30 PM

I use a laptop to game and have an AMD Radeon HD7670M GPU. Until recently this has worked great but within the last week I have been experiencing terrible FPS in every game I try to play (~10fps in dota2, used to run full graphics with no problems). I have installed MSI afterburner and when I run a game GPU usage goes to 100% however core clock, memory clock and memory usage are all very low. Very frustrated about this and would appreciate any insight!

Thanks
April 3, 2013 9:30:40 PM

What temperatures are you getting? Have you installed the latest drivers? Have you installed anything recently?
m
0
l
April 3, 2013 9:36:35 PM

oddlyinsane said:
What temperatures are you getting? Have you installed the latest drivers? Have you installed anything recently?


My temperatures (CPU and GPU) are fine, ~40-60 degrees celsius. Installed the latest drivers, have done a system restore and then installed the latest drivers again. Recently installed hamachi and tuungle but that's all I can think of.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 3, 2013 9:49:56 PM

Hmm... try installing the latest drivers for your motherboard.

The fact that your GPU is underclocking may suggest driver or a settings issue... but considering what you have tried, this does not seem like the case.
m
0
l
April 3, 2013 11:39:06 PM

Just to update:
I just tried playing portal and torchlight 2, both seem to work fine on maxed graphics, however the problem persists in borderlands 2, DotA2 and LoL
m
0
l

Best solution

April 4, 2013 12:20:54 AM

AAAAAARRRGGGHHH said:
Just to update:
I just tried playing portal and torchlight 2, both seem to work fine on maxed graphics, however the problem persists in borderlands 2, DotA2 and LoL


I would've thought it was a driver issue... but, you've installed new drivers and have even done a system restore. If the symptoms persist, then maybe a fresh install. But this can be inconvenient.
Share
April 4, 2013 1:38:47 AM

What laptop do you have? Is there an integrated GPU that it uses when doing low perfomance tasks? It sounds like some of your games doesn't switch to 7670M GPU. If you have access to the BIOS you switch to the 7670M GPU manually.

Also make sure you are not running in power save mode.
m
0
l
April 4, 2013 2:25:24 AM

Mahisse said:
What laptop do you have? Is there an integrated GPU that it uses when doing low perfomance tasks? It sounds like some of your games doesn't switch to 7670M GPU. If you have access to the BIOS you switch to the 7670M GPU manually.

Also make sure you are not running in power save mode.


Thanks for the suggestions. However I don't have integrated graphics, only the 7670M. Also I checked my power options and I don't think they are the issue either.
m
0
l
April 4, 2013 2:27:12 AM

oddlyinsane said:
AAAAAARRRGGGHHH said:
Just to update:
I just tried playing portal and torchlight 2, both seem to work fine on maxed graphics, however the problem persists in borderlands 2, DotA2 and LoL


I would've thought it was a driver issue... but, you've installed new drivers and have even done a system restore. If the symptoms persist, then maybe a fresh install. But this can be inconvenient.


Yeah I think I might have to reformat, will probably try it tomorrow. Thanks for your help! will leave this thread open a little longer and see if a reformat works.

m
0
l
April 4, 2013 2:41:15 AM

AAAAAARRRGGGHHH said:
oddlyinsane said:
AAAAAARRRGGGHHH said:
Just to update:
I just tried playing portal and torchlight 2, both seem to work fine on maxed graphics, however the problem persists in borderlands 2, DotA2 and LoL


I would've thought it was a driver issue... but, you've installed new drivers and have even done a system restore. If the symptoms persist, then maybe a fresh install. But this can be inconvenient.


Yeah I think I might have to reformat, will probably try it tomorrow. Thanks for your help! will leave this thread open a little longer and see if a reformat works.



Yeah. Could you please select a solution, and I'll continue to help. Thanks.
m
0
l
April 4, 2013 8:47:58 PM

oddlyinsane said:


Yeah. Could you please select a solution, and I'll continue to help. Thanks.


Thanks for the help, I did a fresh install today. As time consuming as it is, the problem appear fixed. Cheers!
m
0
l
!