8350 + 7970 Ghz now or wait for Haswell/AMD counterpart and 8000/GTX 700

Hashwell will get released in June this year, it has been confirmed by Intel. In my point of view that is worth waiting for, as it's not too long away.

AMD's next generation of CPUs we have no information on at this point, so that is a thing you shouldn't wait for.

AMD Radeon 8000 series is to be released in Q4 of this year or in early 2014. This information has been confirmed by AMD, as their sales was good with their Radeon 7000 series and they could get a lot of benifit out of it still. They also mentioned that it was because, they were going to spend their time on drivers and optimization instead. However I think that is a bad excuse, because they're working with PS4 right now, so they really can't focus on their next lineup as much as they wanted. So another one I wouldn't recommend waiting for.

Nvidia GTX 700 series is to be released in 2014. However it's not know when in 2014 as it is right now. Nvidia showed this information at PAX east, so it has been confirmed by Nvidia. Another one I wouldn't wait for.

well the hd 8000 and gxt 700 series will launch close to 2014 so that is still a long time. intel haswell will launch in june this year so just see what it brings if it is better go with hasswell if not go with ivy or piledriver. the hd 7970 ghz will only become cheaper over time

It's not. It's significantly more powerful, but it hasn't twice the performance of HD 4000.

Performance compared between HD 3000, 4000 and 4600.

skyrim.png

wow.png

hitman.png

dirt.png

As you can see the performance isn't really that good. However it's pretty good for an integrated GPU, but dedicated GPUs will always be the best choice right now in terms of performance.

I'd say Intel Haswell CPU and a Radeon 7970 GHz edition, or if you're into Nvidia then the GTX 670 is a good alternative to the Radeon 7970 GHz ed. I'm not trying to start a discussion wether what GPU you should go with, because it would be an endless war with Nvidia fanboys and AMD fanboys. Both GPUs are great and will run pretty much anything you throw at them.

The next generation will ALWAYS be better for the money - ALWAYS. But if you think like that, then you will keep on waiting forever and never get anything.

TRENDING THREADS