800 budget gaming pc

tidwellt

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Buying my buddy a pc for his birthday, and his birthday is in 8 days so i have no time to save more cash. 800 bucks is all he gets :D just need to know if this is a decent build. Need to buy os and monitor, i have a spare mouse and keyboard so dont need those.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/OKTY

Note: ive been having an issue lately with links i post being broken. If you see this and the link is broken PLEASE let me know so i can try to fix it! Dont wanna feel like an idiot waiting around for an answer all night that isnt coming.

Edited because i didnt have a psu in the first build somehow.... ;)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
for the price youre paying for a 650ti you can have a hd 7850, which according to tom's is two tiers higher in performance. and it's also an overclocking monster.

and why is he ok with amd processors but not amd gpu's? amd gpu's are the shiz

also don't want to burst your bubble, but you need a PSU.

tidwellt

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I agree. I love amd gpu's. I love amd everyhing haha. But idk hes thw kind of guy that once he has somethingin his head, that's it. And hes seen millions of people say that intel is better than amd so he assumes nvidia is also better than amd, but hes reasonable enough to buy the amd cpu when on a budget. Im just goin with the flow. Not my pc haha. But yeah my 7850 is basically a 7870 :p i love it!