Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HAF XB Fans Configuration? Need HELP!!

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 5, 2013 9:30:47 PM

So I'm getting myself a new build using this awesome looking case.

Here's the build by the way:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbfx6f58lpafy5s/Build.jpg

I wanna change the stock front fans and use the 2x bitfenix spectre blue 120mm instead for the Front. Then use 1x of the stock front 120mm fans for the Rear then the 1x Scythe Slip-Stream 120mm for the 212 EVO push-pull config. Then The 2x 80mm Silverstone Fans for the bottom and The 200mm Bitfenix for the Top.

But I don't know which will be the exhaust and which ones for intake? I'm so confused by this. Please Help me here. This'll be my first build. Thanks

More about : haf fans configuration

April 5, 2013 10:00:46 PM

Front 2 should be intake.

Sides should be intake.

Bottom should be intake

Back should be exaust

Top should be exaust

CPU Heatsink should blow air toward the back fan

The Powersupply fan should be bottom down, it has its own intake vent on the bottom of the case.

You may need a PWM splitter cable if the 120mm you want to bolt onto the hyper is a 4 pin CPU fan.
m
0
l
April 5, 2013 10:13:24 PM

The way your fan setups will be determined is once you get your heat sink setup the positioning of your intake / outtake fans will be setup so there's a continuous circular air flow throughout your system. Now the alternate is to do a push / pull configuration. This guide will explain how to do that: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...
m
0
l
Related resources
April 6, 2013 12:04:19 PM

austing said:
Front 2 should be intake.

Sides should be intake.

Bottom should be intake

Back should be exaust

Top should be exaust

CPU Heatsink should blow air toward the back fan

The Powersupply fan should be bottom down, it has its own intake vent on the bottom of the case.

You may need a PWM splitter cable if the 120mm you want to bolt onto the hyper is a 4 pin CPU fan.


g-unit1111 said:
The way your fan setups will be determined is once you get your heat sink setup the positioning of your intake / outtake fans will be setup so there's a continuous circular air flow throughout your system. Now the alternate is to do a push / pull configuration. This guide will explain how to do that: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...


Thanks for both of your thoughts! Btw this will be a custom build. I mean like I pay a computer shop to build this for me. Do you think they will do the best possible Fan configuration for my PC?
m
0
l
April 6, 2013 12:24:16 PM

johnvonmacz said:
Thanks for both of your thoughts! Btw this will be a custom build. I mean like I pay a computer shop to build this for me. Do you think they will do the best possible Fan configuration for my PC?


If you give them specific instructions they should be able to setup your air flow however you want. I suggest reading that article I linked to for suggestions. I set my air flow up on my work PC exactly the way it described in the article, and my work PC never goes above 35'C even on heavy redraws.

Adding more fans isn't a big deal but how many you add is determined by the case mounts. Your motherboard powers up to four plus the CPU fan, and your power supply can support more with additional connectors.
m
0
l
April 6, 2013 3:58:15 PM

g-unit1111 said:
johnvonmacz said:
Thanks for both of your thoughts! Btw this will be a custom build. I mean like I pay a computer shop to build this for me. Do you think they will do the best possible Fan configuration for my PC?


If you give them specific instructions they should be able to setup your air flow however you want. I suggest reading that article I linked to for suggestions. I set my air flow up on my work PC exactly the way it described in the article, and my work PC never goes above 35'C even on heavy redraws.

Adding more fans isn't a big deal but how many you add is determined by the case mounts. Your motherboard powers up to four plus the CPU fan, and your power supply can support more with additional connectors.


Alright Could you please post here what type of Fan Configuration for HAF XB should I tell to the Computer Shop based on the Fans I chose? I posted my build in the OP. Like which fans should be intake and which ones will be the exhaust and the one for the push-pull config for the 212 EVO cooler based on the Fans I chose for my build. Thanks a lot
m
0
l
April 6, 2013 8:42:36 PM

Ghetto picture, but what you want to go for.

m
0
l
!