Recovery console not responding

I have window xp sp2 installed in my laptop.....but for like five days a message 'windows/system32/config/system is corrupt' appear.....and I tried to use recovery console in order to repair it but when I choose installation window to log onto recovery console does not respond anymore
5 answers Last reply
More about recovery console responding
  1. Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive... do NOT do this if you have an SSD...

    All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive... do NOT do this if you have an SSD...

    All the best Brett :)


    Thnks Brett,
    But my laptop does not load windows which is installed....only a black screen appear with that corrupted message
  3. Ngulikisega said:
    Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive... do NOT do this if you have an SSD...

    All the best Brett :)


    Thnks Brett,
    But my laptop does not load windows which is installed....only a black screen appear with that corrupted message



    Hi :)

    I know but you BOOT from the Hirens cd....BEFORE that message...

    All the best Brett :)
  4. Brett928S2 said:
    Ngulikisega said:
    Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive... do NOT do this if you have an SSD...

    All the best Brett :)

    Thnks Brett,
    But my laptop does not load windows which is installed....only a black screen appear with that corrupted message



    Hi :)

    I know but you BOOT from the Hirens cd....BEFORE that message...

    All the best Brett :)


    oky....but am not that familiar with Hirens cd can you explain a bit about that,plz
  5. Ngulikisega said:
    Brett928S2 said:
    Ngulikisega said:
    Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive... do NOT do this if you have an SSD...

    All the best Brett :)

    Thnks Brett,
    But my laptop does not load windows which is installed....only a black screen appear with that corrupted message



    Hi :)

    I know but you BOOT from the Hirens cd....BEFORE that message...

    All the best Brett :)


    oky....but am not that familiar with Hirens cd can you explain a bit about that,plz


    Hi :)

    Google for Hirens instructions...

    All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Recovery Console Windows XP