Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Noob Q. about pumps

Last response: in Overclocking
April 6, 2013 11:55:00 PM

In that video in the beginning for his pump he says he has the Swiftech 335 with the EK X-TOP V2. Are those both pumps? Do you need them both?

More about : noob pumps

April 7, 2013 12:38:02 AM

Most WC pumps are made by a company called Laing and then rebranded by swiftech and a few others. Their DDC line of pumps look like the picture below and come in a variety of speeds/voltages.

The Pump can also be seperated into two (or three) pieces. In the case of a Swiftech MCP35X the two pieces look like:

The piece on the top right is a pump top. In the case of the video you linked, he replaces this top piece with one of these:

This is done either for aesthetics or to improve water flow.
April 7, 2013 4:52:04 PM

Also, it almost looks like he has the pump sitting on the bottom of the Res, how is that done exactly? I like the look.
Related resources

Best solution

April 7, 2013 5:25:00 PM

IIRC, that pump top is made to have a res sit on top. The hole on the top middle is the inlet to the pump.
Above that sits the res. The res has an inlet off to the side at the bottom.

Here's another type of res/pump combo where the res is the top of the pump.