Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

no display name under SLID KEY

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
April 7, 2013 4:59:55 AM

dear friends

im using windows 8 pro and having an unusual problem. there are no power options displayed like balance, high performance and power saver. i also found that im unable to copy any files to c drive and install any programs from an external drives like hdd or usb stick. i checked out the forums and many advises to take ownership of the disk/folder/file by right click-properties-security tab-advanced button-click change ownership, but when i did this a message box popped up saying "cant open access control editor. the activation requires a display name to be present under the SLID key". im using a genuine windows 8 pro retail with kaspersky antivirus. i reformatted about ten times. it used to work normally for a couple of days by following the steps given above to take owneship but after that the message started to pop out. please help.

More about : display slid key

a b * Windows 8
April 7, 2013 5:26:29 AM

The most mentioned reason on Google is the use of CCleaner.
April 7, 2013 5:39:19 AM

is the free version will do or i have to purchase a business/professional version.
noidea_77 said:
The most mentioned reason on Google is the use of CCleaner.


Related resources
a b * Windows 8
April 7, 2013 5:44:17 AM

i7470 said:
is the free version will do or i have to purchase a business/professional version.
noidea_77 said:
The most mentioned reason on Google is the use of CCleaner.




Sorry, but you got me wrong. Using CCleaner is the most mentioned reason that CAUSES this problem. I couldn't find a solution, how to fix it. It seams to be a problem with an incomplete registry, but i have no idea what causes that.
April 7, 2013 5:53:15 AM

yes i remember that i first noticed this problem after cleaning with ccleaner. i had a doubt in mind so i dint install ccleaner in the last 3 or 4 reformatting. but the problem arises after a few days.

noidea_77 said:
i7470 said:
is the free version will do or i have to purchase a business/professional version.
noidea_77 said:
The most mentioned reason on Google is the use of CCleaner.




Sorry, but you got me wrong. Using CCleaner is the most mentioned reason that CAUSES this problem. I couldn't find a solution, how to fix it. It seams to be a problem with an incomplete registry, but i have no idea what causes that.


!