Solved

best cpu cooler under 70 $

hi guys, i want best possible cpu cooler under 70 $. i am going to oc my cpu at 4.4ghz, And m confused in between antec H20 620 and corsair h60. here my rig,


Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE (LGA1155) Motherboard
12.0 GB Corsair Vengeance Dual-Channel DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Sapphire radeon hd 7950 3gb ddr5
Cooler Master Storm Scout Cabinet
Cooler Master GX 750W SMPS.

thanks in advance :)
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu cooler
  1. In my opinion the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo is the cheapest, best air cooler, hands down.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  2. Yeah, you want to avoid closed-loop water coolers; they are usually outperformed for cheaper by more reliable air coolers.
  3. Personally I would go with air, not a closed loop cooler. In a large case like yours Im not sure why you would be considering a closed loop cooler. You have many options for air coolers in the ~$70 range. Im sure many people will post their favorites this is one of mine(still needs a fan).

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242031
  4. Quite a few people have opted for the Coolermaster Hyper 212 and have had great success in their over clock to 4.0 to 4.4 and new egg has them for around thirty dollars.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    Hope that helps.
  5. If you were willing to spend 80 I would highly recommend this, but as your not I will just show you, good luck> http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH-D14/dp/B002VKVZ1A
  6. actually i have 3 ram sticks, may nt able 2 fit cm evo 212..
  7. patrick47018 said:
    If you were willing to spend 80 I would highly recommend this, but as your not I will just show you, good luck> http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH-D14/dp/B002VKVZ1A


    This. The D14 will hands down beat any contender.
  8. GunnTech said:
    Quite a few people have opted for the Coolermaster Hyper 212 and have had great success in their over clock to 4.0 to 4.4 and new egg has them for around thirty dollars.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    Hope that helps.


    sandygamerz said:
    actually i have 3 ram sticks, may nt able 2 fit cm evo 212..
  9. Best answer
    sandygamerz said:
    actually i have 3 ram sticks, may nt able 2 fit cm evo 212..


    It's actually a pretty small cooler, and you can turn it. It'll fit just fine. :)
  10. guys i want liquid cooling i cant trust on air cooler.
  11. sandygamerz said:
    guys i want liquid cooling i cant trust on air cooler.


    Air coolers are FAR more reliable and trustworthy than liquid coolers:

    1) Air coolers have a fraction of the moving parts of liquid coolers. This means that the liquid cooler is many times more likely to fail.

    2) When a fan on an air cooler fails, there's still a large metal heatsink to allow the CPU to downclock safely so that you can save your work and make sure nothing gets damaged. When a water cooler fails, there's no safety whatsoever.

    3) If an air cooler fails catastrophically, plastic flies around your case - it's not going to damage, say, your graphics card, or your motherboard. When a liquid cooler fails catastrophically, you have liquid spewing over all your components. That's bad.

    So when you consider that air coolers are more reliable, cheaper, and in many cases are quieter and cool better than liquid coolers, why would you want a cheap plastic children's toy to be what you trust your thousand dollar computer to?


  12. Phanteks PH-TC14PE with Scythe Slipstream 110 CFM fans attached.
  13. DarkSable said:
    sandygamerz said:
    guys i want liquid cooling i cant trust on air cooler.


    Air coolers are FAR more reliable and trustworthy than liquid coolers:

    1) Air coolers have a fraction of the moving parts of liquid coolers. This means that the liquid cooler is many times more likely to fail.

    2) When a fan on an air cooler fails, there's still a large metal heatsink to allow the CPU to downclock safely so that you can save your work and make sure nothing gets damaged. When a water cooler fails, there's no safety whatsoever.

    3) If an air cooler fails catastrophically, plastic flies around your case - it's not going to damage, say, your graphics card, or your motherboard. When a liquid cooler fails catastrophically, you have liquid spewing over all your components. That's bad.

    So when you consider that air coolers are more reliable, cheaper, and in many cases are quieter and cool better than liquid coolers, why would you want a cheap plastic children's toy to be what you trust your thousand dollar computer to?


    Dude ty a lot..u changed my mind. Ty for explanation..btw any other cooler under 50$ small size.
  14. I am glad someone convinced you not to get a closed loop cooler, great choice. The CM 212 is likely the best option for under $50. You want small size and to OC to 4.4 Ghz these two do not go hand in hand without heat related issues. The CM 212 is fairly small by tower cooler standards. You should not have ram heat sink clearance issues with it. You could post a link to your ram since Corsair makes various heights in the Vengeance line.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  15. JamesSneed said:
    I am glad someone convinced you not to get a closed loop cooler, great choice. The CM 212 is likely the best option for under $50. You want small size and to OC to 4.4 Ghz these two do not go hand in hand without heat related issues. The CM 212 is fairly small by tower cooler standards. You should not have ram heat sink clearance issues with it. You could post a link to your ram since Corsair makes various heights in the Vengeance line.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233141
    I have this 3 ram. Should i remove heatsink ?, or it will be k.
  16. You will have some clearance issues. Depending on your motherboard you may get away without using the first ram slot(use slots 2-4). Also, you may be able to mount the heat sink fan a little higher up on the heat sink to give a little extra clearance you need. Third you can mount the heat sink fan so its on the opposite side of the ram so it "pulls" air through the heat sink exhausting out the back. I would go ahead and buy the cooler and work out the rest once you get it.

    Watch the later part of this video, you can see how the fan just comes over the first ram slot. Your mileage may vary but you should be able to not use the first slot and get the cooler installed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEhwJPuc4wM

    Word of advice next go around. Don't by tall ram it serves no good purpose at all. The tall heat spreaders cool every so slightly better but not enough to matter in real world use. Next build think low profile memory like below then you have no issues with clearance if you want to change coolers out.

    Very low profile:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148663
  17. k guys installed cm hyper evo 212 perfectly, now my temp at 4.5ghz, 1.33v with prime95 are
    core 0 = 72
    core 1 = 79
    core 2 = 77
    core 3 = 74
    is this temp is ok?
  18. Toldja you could. :) Those temps are a little high, but perfectly safe.

    HOWEVER:

    That voltage is way too high. You shouldn't go above 1.3v at the very max, and for a 4.5GHz overclock, you should only need about 1.2-1.25v. If your chip won't boot until 1.33v, then you've hit your voltage cliff and should back down your overclock till it will run with safe voltages.
  19. DarkSable said:
    Toldja you could. :) Those temps are a little high, but perfectly safe.

    HOWEVER:

    That voltage is way too high. You shouldn't go above 1.3v at the very max, and for a 4.5GHz overclock, you should only need about 1.2-1.25v. If your chip won't boot until 1.33v, then you've hit your voltage cliff and should back down your overclock till it will run with safe voltages.

    My vol is max 1.25v at 4.5ghz. And 4.7ghz it goes to 1.33v and also my ambient temp is 35. Now m using 4ghz under 70 temp.
  20. Ahh, alright. As long as you're running under 80c and 1.3v, you're fine. :)
  21. DarkSable said:
    Ahh, alright. As long as you're running under 80c and 1.3v, you're fine. :)

    K..shud i oc to 4.5ghz again at 1.25v m getting 79 max on prime95 n during games at1080p max setting getting 76 77 it is k ?
  22. That's perfectly fine, yeah. If you'd like the speed, go for it.
  23. DarkSable said:
    That's perfectly fine, yeah. If you'd like the speed, go for it.


    K ty dude..:-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Cooling CPUs Components