I just got a new laptop yesterday (Lenovo G580, Pentium B960, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HD) and I've been noticing the following strange pattern in the LED lights (status indicators).
1. When my laptop is off and I connect it to power, the power LED and the battery LED turn on, and they both keep blinking continuously in intervals of about 5 seconds. Is this normal?
2. The power LED appears quite small when my laptop is off, but turns as big as the other LEDs when I push the power button to boot my laptop.
3. As soon as I turn on the laptop, the power LED grows as big as the other LEDs and stops blinking. Only the battery LED keeps blinking every 5 seconds.
4. This blinking of the battery LED stops when my laptop is running on battery. So both the LEDs stop blinking when my laptop is running on battery.
Is all this normal? Sorry if I sound naive, but I noticed no such things with my earlier Acer netbook so I'm a bit concerned...this is my second laptop. Because its new, I'm a bit sensitive about anything going wrong.
1. yes, the battery is charging.
2. again yes, to show that you actually powered on the device
3. if you notice the bottom right corner where you battery icon is on windows, you will see that it would be blinking instead (or will say its full charged)
4. it's to tell you its not plugged in and it is running off the battery.