Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

This video card( gt640) is compatible with this motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 9, 2013 5:07:50 AM

Hello to all
I would like to know if anyone can tell me if this video card gt 640 is compatible with this desktop pc : HP Pavilion a6010

the motherboard is this http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00...

thanks
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2013 5:21:25 AM

Yes.
m
0
l
April 9, 2013 5:25:36 AM

the chipset supports it? I was told on another forum that at most I can put on a gt 630 \ 620 the power supply is a Bestec ATX-300-12ZCDR 300 Watt
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 186 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2013 5:42:16 AM

The motherboard is fine, no problems there, but check the powersupply has the Wattage for the card.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2013 6:01:03 AM

joyfreedom said:
the chipset supports it? I was told on another forum that at most I can put on a gt 630 \ 620


The chipset is not an issue. And your 300w PSU should be fine. (Although they call for a 350w PSU, so you won't have any headroom for loading down the PSU with other power-hungry add-on's in the other slots.)

If you want to be sure, find the 12v rail(s) current rating on your PSU.

Share
April 9, 2013 6:24:10 AM

Z1NONLY said:
joyfreedom said:
the chipset supports it? I was told on another forum that at most I can put on a gt 630 \ 620


The chipset is not an issue. And your 300w PSU should be fine. (Although they call for a 350w PSU, so you won't have any headroom for loading down the PSU with other power-hungry add-on's in the other slots.)

If you want to be sure, find the 12v rail(s) current rating on your PSU.


thanks for the help and sorry for my bad translation

Can you advise me which brand is better?


m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2013 6:43:07 AM

joyfreedom said:
Z1NONLY said:
joyfreedom said:
the chipset supports it? I was told on another forum that at most I can put on a gt 630 \ 620


The chipset is not an issue. And your 300w PSU should be fine. (Although they call for a 350w PSU, so you won't have any headroom for loading down the PSU with other power-hungry add-on's in the other slots.)

If you want to be sure, find the 12v rail(s) current rating on your PSU.


thanks for the help and sorry for my bad translation

Can you advise me which brand is better?




That card is not really a "beast" of a card, so I would just get the best deal I could find (On whatever brand) from a reputable dealer.
m
0
l
April 9, 2013 6:52:26 AM

coozie7 said:
The motherboard is fine, no problems there, but check the powersupply has the Wattage for the card.


Z1NONLY said:
joyfreedom said:
Z1NONLY said:
joyfreedom said:
the chipset supports it? I was told on another forum that at most I can put on a gt 630 \ 620


The chipset is not an issue. And your 300w PSU should be fine. (Although they call for a 350w PSU, so you won't have any headroom for loading down the PSU with other power-hungry add-on's in the other slots.)

If you want to be sure, find the 12v rail(s) current rating on your PSU.


thanks for the help and sorry for my bad translation

Can you advise me which brand is better?




That card is not really a "beast" of a card, so I would just get the best deal I could find (On whatever brand) from a reputable dealer.

thank you all for the help
m
0
l
!