Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best cpu cooler for around 70 dollars to oc my phenom ii 965

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 9, 2013 8:01:57 AM

Hello, whats the best AIR CPU cooler for around 70 dollars... i want to over clock my AMD phenom ii x4 965 BE..as you all know, they run pretty hot..and i live southern california...so summertime gets really hot...i want to get it to 4ghz

i have cooler master HAF 912 CASE
a b à CPUs
a c 81 K Overclocking
April 9, 2013 10:41:13 AM

Bump up your price range to $85 and get the Noctua NH-D14.
m
0
l
April 9, 2013 6:23:26 PM

lowkee said:
Hello, whats the best AIR CPU cooler for around 70 dollars... i want to over clock my AMD phenom ii x4 965 BE..as you all know, they run pretty hot..and i live southern california...so summertime gets really hot...i want to get it to 4ghz

i have cooler master HAF 912 CASE


ihog said:
Bump up your price range to $85 and get the Noctua NH-D14.

would it fit in my case with corsair vengeance ram?

m
0
l
Related resources
a c 756 à CPUs
a c 297 K Overclocking
April 9, 2013 6:29:39 PM

Phanteks PH-TC14PE will get the job done.

I have this cooling my FX8350 at 4.8 ghz.



Phanteks PH-TC14PE with Scythe Slipstream 110 CFM fans attached.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 10, 2013 5:21:16 AM

lowkee said:
ihog said:
Bump up your price range to $85 and get the Noctua NH-D14.

would it fit in my case with corsair vengeance ram?

If its the one with tall heatsinks, then no.

You could opt for the H80i.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 10, 2013 5:23:05 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Phanteks PH-TC14PE will get the job done.

I have this cooling my FX8350 at 4.8 ghz.



Phanteks PH-TC14PE with Scythe Slipstream 110 CFM fans attached.


Nice setup!
Could you share your temps? & @ what voltage & ambients?
m
0
l
a c 756 à CPUs
a c 297 K Overclocking
April 10, 2013 2:55:54 PM

FX8350\4.8 ghz.\1.30 Volts\50 to 53 degrees under load.
m
0
l
!