2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Anything from 13" to 15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? The best I can get
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable/Desktop replacement, more towards desktop replacement though
5. How much battery life do you need? Was looking to get a decent battery life, i know this is not possible with desktop replacement but i don't always want to be plugged into an outlet, so looking for an alright battery when not gaming
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Would prefer to play games such as Diablo 3, CS, Simcity on high setting.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mostly game, maybe do a little editing but thats not important.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Does not really matter but would like at least 250GB internally
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. The only site I'm buying from is Amazon.ca
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Would prefer blurry drive but would be okay with dvd rom/writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Doesn't matter to me
13. What country do you live in? Canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The site I'm ordering from is amazon.ca because I was given gift cards a while ago and want to use them for this. Also I'm looking for a decently portable gaming laptop, as i don't want one of those huge 17" 9lbs laptops. I have looked into the MSI GE60 and the Lenovo y500. I was initially going to buy the MSI but after doing more research i felt the lenovo was a better deal, because i liked the quick startup time of the lenovo and the only flaw i saw in the lenovo was the laptop getting hot which i figured might be fixed sort of with a cooling pad. As for price the lenovo and msi both are around 1200-1300 and the both similar in size and weight. But if anyone has any better recommendations please let me know.